PDA

View Full Version : Roxette

wout
01-13-2011, 09:28 AM
... is back!
Yes, your 90's pop heroes are going to release a new album in february: Charm School, single: She's got nothing on.

The single is on spotify and the video is coming out on youtube/facebook tomorrow.

Admit it, you love Roxette :D:D

nathan zephyrus
01-13-2011, 12:20 PM
I stopped listening to new material once I got Pretty Good Year and heard Honey back in 94 / 95 but early teens were all about Roxette!!!

So top 10 time!!!

Fading Like a Flower
The Sweet Hello, The Sad Goodbye
Church of Your Heart
Dressed For Success
Spending My Time
Listen To Your Heart
Silver Blue
Never Is A Long Time
Fireworks
The Look (specifically that remix from 95)

close calls:-
Here Comes The Weekend
Don't Believe in Accidents

I have to say I did listen obsessively for a few years half a lifetime ago!

blissgurl
01-13-2011, 02:03 PM
I loved Roxette back in the day & must admit that I still listen to them on occasion. Tourism is probably my favorite album. Nice to know that they are releasing something new.

wout
01-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Tourism is probably my favorite album.

Yes! That album is always in our car (even though my man won't let me play it that often ;l)
How do you do, heart shaped sea, the rain, never is a long time, silver blue: all good!

ebby
01-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I totally still have a soft spot for Roxette - they were my first real pop music love. <3

I still have Tourism and Crash Boom Bang on CD.

"Never Is A Long Time" and "First Girl On The Moon" are two of my favourite songs. They pop into my head randomly still.

emptytuileries
01-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Awww. Roxette. [love2]

Also, random name-dropping moment: my cousin is married to Roxette member's Per Gessle's nephew. I always try to get the scoop on what the band's up to.

wout
01-15-2011, 10:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1N-Gf0Fbcg

Liking the song but boy do Per and Marie wear a LOT of make-up ;l

The Seaward
01-15-2011, 10:40 AM
this thread has lasted thus-long without mention of "Joyride"??? for-fucking-SHAME. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCorJG9mubk&ob=av2el

O HAI, 2nd GRADE!

Andreas
01-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Liking the song but boy do Per and Marie wear a LOT of make-up ;l

Marie's been looking pretty rough, understandably, since she went through surgery and extensive treatment for a brain tumor a couple of years ago. It's also affected her voice quite a bit.

wout
01-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Oh I know... I think it's amazing that she's even making this comeback!
(Per needs a different stylist, though...)

wout
05-07-2013, 08:29 PM
So, uhm, they released an album in 2012, Travelling, and I only found out until now? Weird...
And it's a sort of sequel to Tourism, as in: another on-tour album with songs from all over the place.

Pressing play in 1,2,3...