PDA

View Full Version : Can't find specific live version of Bouncing off Clouds

RedHerring
04-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Does anyone on this forum know in which live-version of bouncing off clouds Tori really sings with a very powerful voice and is pronouncing clouds really like the way it should be pronounced. She does this from the beginning of the song. Maybe a strange question, but I had this version on my mp3 player but i accidentally erased it. It was brilliant. She really sang without 'fear'of not hitting the notes and sang really with a powerful voice the word clouds. Can anyone help? It might also have been a radio show. I already 'screened' every bouncing off clouds i could find on you tube from 2007 and 2009 but i haven't found it. :confused: Anyone?

Bloody Grace
04-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Try with 2010 performances, she sung it in Manchester, Brugge, Milan, Dublin, Bloemendaal and Moscow. The best one is Milan's, but the quality of the recording is quite crappy :(

dollsbitches
04-06-2011, 03:51 PM
There's a performance like that on one of the 2007 Legs & Boots. Of course I don't remember which one.

RedHerring
04-06-2011, 05:35 PM
It was in America in 2007 I think. Definitly not from 2010. Maybe Louisville or Lawrence (I remember something with an L) or Phoenix. She also improvised a bit and sang ooo the clouds... Why o why did I erase it? Probably because I had so many versions and I threw away the wrong one...

Faust
04-06-2011, 05:39 PM
I'd check out Lawrence (which is a pretty popular performance) or Indianapolis. Personally, I think the latter is better, but Lawrence is solid too.

RedHerring
04-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Txs! Do you know where I can download these? If these are legs and boots: in Europe you couldn't purchase these.

Rabih
04-06-2011, 06:39 PM
^ Both versions are from the Legs and Boots, and it's not allowed to upload official live releases on the forums.
That said, for me the best Bouncing with the band is from Indianapolis, definately.
But you can also look for the version she did on Jay Leno, which is soundboard and not bad at all for a TV performance.

RedHerring
04-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I guess it could've been from a leg and boot, because the sound quality was very good I remember. Iīll try to check them out.
Just found the lawrence version on you tube but she does the clouieeeiiiiiiiiids thing instead of clouououds... so that isnīt the one. But itīs also a good version I think, powerful. And on jay Leno she does clououds but nog the ooo the clouds thing. I donīt know why Iīm so obsessed with this. Nice to find a place where people actually know what you are talking about. ;-) .

halo eighteen
04-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Txs! Do you know where I can download these? If these are legs and boots: in Europe you couldn't purchase these.

iTunes should have them regardless of location. I just checked the UK, France, Germany and Netherlands stores and they have them listed.

Zippo
04-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Could you be talking about the Legs and Boots version from Buffalo (October 24th, 2007)?

Rabih
04-06-2011, 07:41 PM
If you mean the real pronounciation of Clouds, it is Buffalo. It's the only one that doesn't have Clahhiaaawwds in the opening notes.
But don't be fooled, she only says it once in this version, and it's far from being the best one ;l

Scottish Mike
04-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Paris 2010 had surprisingly good pronunciation of 'Clouds' too.

Alamo
04-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Buffalo, NY 10-24-2007, that's the one :)

RedHerring
04-07-2011, 10:10 AM
txs, I'm going to check these out. If it's the one I meant, I'll report back!

Morrison
04-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Nashville is also very very good,pick this one too,you'll see!:)

RedHerring
04-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Downloaded the Buffalo, Nashville and Boston ones (agree: Buffalo is definitely not the best version) but still don't think that that's the one I meant. Loved the Indianapolis and Nashville versions by the way.
As i remember she pronounced clouds also in the refrain correctly and repeatedly. Maybe it was 2009?

Carey
04-08-2011, 06:59 PM
AOL Sessions, probably, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02w-pczdasQ

RedHerring
04-09-2011, 02:46 PM
You're right about the pronunciation, but still not the version I mean. She sounds maybe even a bit unhinged and adds the ooo the clouds. I'll continue my search...

other pete
04-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Clearly not the consensus, but Buffalo blows all the other versions out of the sky IMO. I don't know whether it was deliberate of her but the way her voice cracks as she belts out the first line makes her sound so defiant and hurt and strong, it's become the only one I regularly listen to.

Carey
04-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Mh could it be the one from Werchter Festival? I used to have the files, but I lost some of them, but I remember it was a good performance, expecially code red