PDA

View Full Version : .Net Framework on Linux

Bastien
05-20-2011, 04:47 PM
I've almost completely converted to Linux, the only problem I'm having is I use the program MeGUI on Windows and haven't found a suitable linux-alternative.

I can get it to install under WINE, but it requires the .Net framework. I've heard of Mono, but I can't seem to get it to install under Mandriva!

Has anyone been able to solve this issue? I dual boot linux/windows right now but really would like to give up Windows altogether.

Even if there is a good mp4 converter for linux out I'd be willing to give it a try. I can't find anything as versatile as MeGUI that supports mpeg2 to mp4 conversion, and definitely not one that gives as good a result. I don't like HandBrake.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

tivoklr
05-20-2011, 05:48 PM
What's not to like about handbrake? I don't have an answer for you on the .net framework, sorry...

Bastien
05-21-2011, 04:01 AM
I prefer MeGUI to it, when it comes to interlacing options and audio I like the features a lot better. HandBrake is more of a "one click" converter, when I want something I can customize.

tivoklr
05-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Hmm, on the Mac, it's fully featured with a million different settings. I have not used it under Linux nor Windows. It comes with a few presets but it's certainly not click and play...