PDA

View Full Version : SLG Tour VIDEO - Dallas, TX November 3, 2001

version2.much
07-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Didn't see this already up here somewhere, so I thought I'd post it. This is a video of the Dallas show on the 'Strange Little Tour', November 3rd, 2001 at the Bronco Bowl. There is blue screen at the very beginning, then it goes black, then you hear the crowd and '97 Bonnie & Clyde comes on. It's an .m4v file. If you haven't seen it, the video stabilizes and gets close up about 11 minutes in. Download link: http://www.4shared.com/file/SUbQtEEA/Tori-Amos_Dallas.html

Screencap from the vid:

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo332/kali_shey/af376142.png

Setlist (from thedent (http://thedent.com/strange27.html)):

'97 Bonnie & Clyde
Little Amsterdam
Take To The Sky
Cloud On My Tongue
Lovesong
Sweet Dreams
Beauty Queen
Horses
Not The Red Baron
Spring Haze
Black Dove
Honey
Bells For Her
Me and a Gun
Josephine

1st Encore:
Only Women Bleed
Tear In Your Hand

2nd Encore:
1000 Oceans
Cool On Your Island
Leather

She also told a funny story about the harpsichord (from Kristen Walker's review on thedent's tour page (http://thedent.com/strange27.html)):

During the show, someone asked her if her harpsichord was coming on her next tour and she said, "You know, harpsichords are so delicate, I don't know if I can talk my guys into having to deal with that..." or something along those lines, and then she said, "It's like.... have you ever gone out with somebody who was like, 'Oh, I don't like sauce on my fish or ice in my drink and I can't sit next to this person, and...' You know what I mean?"And everybody was like, "yeah," and she said, "Well, that's what a harpsichord is like." And then she started playing something, and she stopped a few bars into it, turned to us and said, "You know, I just thought of something, I'm one of those people who doesn't like sauce on my fish or ice in my drink."

Meowth
07-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I love this video! Thanks a lot for sharing :)

version2.much
07-30-2011, 05:09 PM
I love this video! Thanks a lot for sharing :)

Me, too! Apparently, I've had it for years and found it the other day when I was looking for something completely unrelated, so I thought I'd share. <3

Rabih
07-30-2011, 05:20 PM
^ Looking at that setlist, there's only ONE song from SLG, that's not even performed live, and a b-side?
Wow.

version2.much
07-30-2011, 05:37 PM
[post28]

NUHN
07-30-2011, 05:40 PM
^ Looking at that setlist, there's only ONE song from SLG, that's not even performed live, and a b-side?
Wow.

There's 97 Bonnie and Cylde too though. So really two.

halo eighteen
07-30-2011, 05:47 PM
A lot of shows on that tour only got one SLG song besides 97B&C though so that's not too strange. OWB being a b-side does make it notable though!

JHV
07-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Wow.

Tori really didn't play much from SLG on the tour (and never really has since). According to Toriset.org's stats, Rattlesnakes was the most played track and even that was only done at 75% of the shows. None of the other songs on the album were played at more than half the shows (Time was closest, being played at 21 shows, or 39%), and a quarter of the album (SLG, Happiness, I'm Not In Love, and Heart of Gold) wasn't played at all.

Meowth
07-30-2011, 08:44 PM
And what about the Houston gig?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxsNO0CARgw

Those SLTour bootlegs are very special to me

NightHunter
07-31-2011, 12:40 AM
Thanks muchly for posting! That 'sauce/ ice' comment from Tori is sublime!! She's sooo kooky, but she can be so down to earth and show such great sense of humor! lovesit!!!

Girl Friday
07-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Is this the whole show?
This was my first... <3 it so!

version2.much
07-31-2011, 01:06 AM
Thanks muchly for posting! That 'sauce/ ice' comment from Tori is sublime!! She's sooo kooky, but she can be so down to earth and show such great sense of humor! lovesit!!!

You're very welcome! I love that harpsichord story.

Is this the whole show?

It is the whole show :)

Dan
08-02-2011, 10:55 AM
OMG. I'm watching the video and I have to admit, I had almost forgotten how utterly amazing she used to be.

dimshala
08-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Is this the whole show?

It was my first as well! Such a great show. Of the other shows I've seen, only San Antonio '07 came close in awesomeness :)

edit: THANKS FOR POSTING!!! <3

version2.much
08-05-2011, 12:35 AM
It was my first as well! Such a great show. Of the other shows I've seen, only San Antonio '07 came close in awesomeness :)

edit: THANKS FOR POSTING!!! <3

You're very welcome! <3

SpaceDoggy
08-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Seeing this I have a question about the tour. In some videos, you see pictures of the 12 "girls" of the album on stage. Was it the same arrangement and the same pictures for all of the shows or did they differ from show to show? If so, did this go together with the setlist?

toriMODE
08-10-2011, 04:43 PM
I don't believe they had in tie with the set list, and yes sometimes the arrangement based on the stage. Some stages are larger than others.

Phx
08-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Wow.
Pretty normal for the tour. Rattlesnakes was the only song performed often (not counting Bonnie and Clyde). Bonnie and Clyde is partly live, in that the vocals are live. As for the rest of Strange Little Girls...well, the reasons they weren't performed on a solo tour are more or less self-evident.