PDA

View Full Version : "I'm so glad I never had any of you ...."

Lágnætti
09-13-2011, 10:11 PM
/ the ever-fabulous Pam from True Blood

This thread is inspired by the most frivolous lawsuit ever (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/kids-lose-quot-bad-mother-quot-lawsuit-cant-take-mom-to-court-over-bad-birthday-cards-2536188/): a mother being sued for $500K for 'childhood abuse' by her two twenty-something children. Details of said appalling abuse in an affluent American suburb include:

- the son not getting a cheque in a birthday card at one point
- the daughter not getting the exact prom dress she wanted at another point
- not getting 'care packages' at college (apparently American college is akin to a WW2 concentration camp where one has no access to the bare necessities of life and must rely on life-extending parcels from the Red Cross to arrive?)
- having to be home from a homecoming party by midnight
- threatening to call the police if the son didn't wear his seatbelt (oh gosh, a mother concerned for her son's safety, whatever next?)
- the mother once slapping the son upside the head (clearly not nearly hard enough given the monstrous entitled fuck he grew into)

The case was finally dismissed, but not before costing the mother a metric fuckton in legal fees. Honestly, words almost fail me. It's a case for a law allowing retroactive abortion if ever there was one. I'm quite sure that poor woman wishes she'd never fucking bothered with the joys of motherhood. It also reminds me of something we were discussing in the celeb gossip thread; the total lack of dignity many people feel it is OK to display when large sums of money are involved. If you knew said creatures, would you ever look at them with anything other then barely-disguised contempt again? Would you offer them a job if you were an employer? Or would you avoid them in every possible sphere, given they'd demontrated they'd drag their own mother through the courts for a buck like one of the horrible, greedy brats from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory if that had been a legal drama instead of a children's fantasy story?

Anyway, must run, thinking of suing own mother for not buying me a pony we couldn't afford when I was ten, not giving me a million pounds on my 18th birthday, assuming I could fend for myself like a normal human being at college, shouting at me when was 17 and came home drunk from a club I wasn't supposed to be in at 3am and making me take my asthma medicine when I was wee, even though it tasted like shit. That bitch.

other pete
09-13-2011, 10:25 PM
If my parents had been religious and persecuted me I COULDVE BEEN A GROUNDBREAKING FEMALE SINGER SONGWRITER :( :( :)

Shady Pines, Ma
09-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Maybe I should contemplate suing my dad for not buying me books we couldn't afford. I thought I had it hard...not getting care packages in college clearly puts me in my place!!!

Frangipani
09-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Care packages are the shit though. Seriously.

lioness
11-21-2011, 09:21 PM
I wish posting a video of children here would not break the rules, because I just saw one that would make my list for reasons I am glad I do not have children.

The video shows how two little boys destroyed their house by getting a 5 pound bag of flour ALL OVER the place while their mother was in the bathroom. It is really unbelievable what a mess one bag of flour can make.

SweetPea
11-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Spending ANY amount of time at a Target, mall, or really any public space on a weekend reminds me of the many reasons I'm glad I don't have children.