PDA

View Full Version : Wii U

Andyland
09-15-2012, 05:20 PM
U.S. pricing was just announced at $300 for the regular edition and $350 for deluxe. I'm a little surprised that Nintendo felt comfortable going that high, but I suppose that controller with a built-screen has to drive up costs.

I'm looking forward to it but I'm not so sure it's going to capture the attention of the mainstream in the same way that the Wii did.

halo eighteen
09-15-2012, 05:40 PM
I'd get the $349 for just the black color alone, but the 4x memory and extra game included really makes that seem even more worth it.

Faust
09-15-2012, 10:33 PM
I'd love it, but I'll probably have to wait for a price drop. I'm hoping I can transfer my digital library over from my Wii through registering my systems or something- it'd make me a lot more interested since I have less interest these days in new console games.

wout
09-16-2012, 04:23 PM
This is the first time a new Nintendo system didn't really excite me.
I see the potential in the controller but that's mostly for multiplayer games and I usually play on my own. I feel like that is going to keep most 'hardcore' gamers away from the Wii U (that and the bad reputation the Wii got after way too much shovelware and not enough good games).
The launch line up isn't something that's going to persuade me either.

halo eighteen
09-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, thanks to Nintendo's feigning unrealistic demand for this system, the only place left for me to pre-order from was Wal*Mart. It churns my stomach to give that corporation one dime, let alone $500. The only option they were allowing for was an unnecessary "bundle" that jacked the price up. I would've wanted to buy New Super Mario Bros. U anyway, so it's not that bad, but with the extra controller that was required, plus shipping, and tax.. it's a significant increase in price over the $349 price tag.

I feel like kicking something right now, namely myself, but at least I can say I have a pre-order in on the system.

Dave
09-18-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm sticking with my last-gen XBox360. The only other console I feel like investing in is either the PS3 or the next-gen PS or XBox. Wii U and the Wii has/had me not caring in the least bit.

Beulah Land
09-19-2012, 10:06 PM
U.S. pricing was just announced at $300 for the regular edition and $350 for deluxe. I'm a little surprised that Nintendo felt comfortable going that high, but I suppose that controller with a built-screen has to drive up costs.

I'm looking forward to it but I'm not so sure it's going to capture the attention of the mainstream in the same way that the Wii did.

I'm excited too. I've demanded it as a present for Hannukah :D I agree that it's not gonna set the world ablaze like the Wii. As long as the games are quality that's all that matters. Looking forward to Super Mario Bros. U and Rayman Legends but thaey haven't announced a game yet that blows my socks off. Bayonetta 2 might do that but that doesn't come out til 2013.

halo eighteen
11-20-2012, 06:08 PM
My deluxe pre-order was finally delivered this morning!!! I have to admit I feel like a giddy kid again whenever a big Nintendo box shows up. I've already read about all the backlash regarding the hour-long firmware update right out of the box, so I'm aware that I'll have that to look forward to..

All I'll have is Nintendo Land, as well, with the exception of the original Wii stuff of course. New SMB U isn't gonna be delivered until tomorrow... so I have plenty of time to get things situated.

Beulah Land
11-23-2012, 11:46 AM
I got the Wii U on Sunday and I like it so far. I can't connect to my wifi for some reason but the cable company is coming out today to help with that. I only bought New Super Mario Bros U so far but I'm definitely getting Rayman Legends in March and I might get Darksiders 2. I love that I can turn on the console in my living room but then go play Mario on the gamepad in my bedroom if it's late at night and I can lay on my bed while playing. I also find that 2D Mario games are a better experience on handheld devices.

deathray
12-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Has any Zelda games are going to be released on it I'll concider buying it. One Mario game isn't really enough, haha.

wout
12-03-2012, 06:53 AM
It's only been confirmed that a zelda and a 3d mario are in development, but not much more than that...

Beulah Land
12-03-2012, 02:37 PM
I honestly don't know if I can wait several more years for the next Zelda game. I want one NOW lol. I hope at least they release a new Zelda game for the 3DS by next holiday season. Phantom Hourglass came out pretty soon after Twilight Princess.

Tellurium
12-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I've read that Zelda is being given an estimated 2014 release date. Not that that's very specific, and with games, plans change so it's really anybody's guess. I'm anxious for the next one too! I'm waiting on the Wii U until more games come out to see if I'm really bothered with it. Does look nifty though.

wout
12-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I honestly don't know if I can wait several more years for the next Zelda game. I want one NOW lol.

Well, actually, the Darksiders game has a LOT in common with zelda games in terms of puzzles, chests, dungeons and items that help you through them. It's no fairtytale setting but it plays similar. You even get to ride a horse... I quite liked it!

Beulah Land
12-04-2012, 03:45 AM
Well, actually, the Darksiders game has a LOT in common with zelda games in terms of puzzles, chests, dungeons and items that help you through them. It's no fairtytale setting but it plays similar. You even get to ride a horse... I quite liked it!

Yeah I'm playing Darksiders 2 right now. I bought it because other Zelda fans recommended it. I like it so far, I'm about 1/3 through the game, but it's making me crave a new Zelda game.

halo eighteen
12-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Hmm so the final issue of Nintendo Power came in the mail yesterday. Really, really upsetting and bittersweet as I had been a subscriber for at least 23 of its 24 years in publication. Bittersweet because the magazine had been on a downward spiral for the better part of the past decade, so it's good to see that the nosedive finally ends here. But the final two pages of the last issue had me teary eyed, with the cartoon throw-back to the 1st issue, only with the Nester kid all grown up now and with a boy of his own. And his room looks quite a lot like mine did when I lived at my parents. I unfortunately got rid of all the old posters that adorned my walls though...

NP was iconic and the true (if biased) hub of all things Nintendo. They did do one final batch of reviews on the Wii U games. ZombiU got the highest review and while I'm not really a fan of that genre of gaming, I might have to pick it up. Scribblenauts Unlimited is fun, but pretty much 100% of the game is played on the GamePad, which renders the TV useless unless you have other people watching you play. It's also annoying me that the GamePad seems to suck battery life even when I'm not using it. I'll go a few days in between usage and find that it's completely dead. And it only lasts a few hours anyway, so it may as well just live plugged into a wall.

So yeah, I'm not really sure where Nintendo goes from here. As much as I hate to say it, I almost kind of hope WiiU is the last stand, and Nintendo will go on to keep making franchise titles on PS/Xbox. Obviously the Marios and Zeldas etc are the only thing really keeping them afloat (well that and their dominating but diminishing hold on portable gaming), and about the only exclusive titles I find myself continually buying.

dollsbitches
01-08-2013, 06:45 AM
I'd love it, but I'll probably have to wait for a price drop. I'm hoping I can transfer my digital library over from my Wii through registering my systems or something- it'd make me a lot more interested since I have less interest these days in new console games.

You can, but then the info is removed from your original wii.

Faust
01-08-2013, 11:56 AM
That's not much of an issue for me. If I'm using it on one, I don't need it on the other.

Faust
01-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Well, I bit the bullet and bought one. Just playing Nintendo Land and NSMBU right now, but I like the console. Big improvement over the Wii I think, though we'll see how the console's catalog and eStore develops. Was going to buy Mass Effect 3, but why spend $60 on it for WiiU when I could get 1-3 in better packaging for the same price for PS3? Also contemplated buying Ass Creed 3 but I'm not that stoked about the series and figure I could similarly get a better price on PS3 and probably have a better time with it.

So far, my biggest gripe is the use of Wii Mode. I mean, I get it, creating a virtual port of the Wii menu was probably an easier move than trying to port things further and integrate VC/WiiWare into the WiiU, but... ugh. It's just such an ugly hassle and I hate having to go through hoops just to play Donkey Kong and FF1. Still, I am glad to essentially put my Wii away.

wout
01-22-2013, 06:37 AM
Ass Creed 3 is a big bore anyway... I would say it's a fans only game (heck, I'm a ass creed fan and I thought it was tedious as all fuck).

halo eighteen
01-23-2013, 04:13 AM
My biggest gripe is that the Wii Pad sucks battery life when not in use - The wireless nature of it is pretty much pointless when it has to be plugged into a wall constantly.

DavidIX
01-24-2013, 02:03 PM
The Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker is getting a Wii U HD remake...........so this is how Nintendo are going to tempt me into considering a Wii U then, damn them!

Wind Waker HD is happening! (http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/23/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-is-happening/)

Tellurium
01-24-2013, 02:09 PM
I was a bit skeptical regarding the point of making graphics such as WW's into HD... But holy fucktits that looks pretty. Damn them indeed! It's probably my favourite Zelda game, too. :)

Still, I probably won't shell out for one for a while yet.

DavidIX
01-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Yeah I didn't expect it to look that good, but I'm impressed!
Like you I prob won't get one just yet.... apparently the new Mario Kart and Smash Bros are being demoed at E3 in June

wout
01-27-2013, 03:40 PM
So after weeks of overtime i treated myself to one. Mario is crazy cool, snes style!
Username: captainvimes, add me yo!

Beulah Land
01-27-2013, 07:26 PM
I was a bit skeptical regarding the point of making graphics such as WW's into HD... But holy fucktits that looks pretty. Damn them indeed! It's probably my favourite Zelda game, too. :)

Still, I probably won't shell out for one for a while yet.

Yeah when I heard the news I was like whatever. But then I saw the pics and was like holy shit! It looks gorgeous! Some fans are speculating that there will be additional content like the extra dungeons that were scrapped during development but I think it's just gonna be a visual upgrade only.

halo eighteen
03-10-2013, 07:28 PM
F-Zero (SNES) is only 30 cents for a limited time, with probably about a dozen more titles to be simlarly priced throughout the year.

In all honesty, that's how much most NES/SNES games should cost normally anyway. Maybe $1 for NES and $3 for SNES, tops. $5 for NES games is kind of a joke.

Malike-pakile
03-11-2013, 12:33 AM
I just got a WiiU as well.
I like it a lot, though the system is in need for GAMES!

My name: Malike-pakile.

wout
03-11-2013, 06:49 AM
I'm waiting for Lego City. End of this month, yay!
It's what I bought the damn thing for :D

Faust
03-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Ooooh, I should get that next month! Enjoying NSMBU and Nintendo Land but I need more games that aren't VC/Wii titles!

Malike-pakile
03-14-2013, 06:27 PM
I also just preordered Lego City, it is getting pretty good reviews!

Malike-pakile
03-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Playing ZombiU.
After 2 hours of gaming, I noticed that if you press the left stick, you can run. ;l
I am just too much of a chicken for this game...

Malike-pakile
04-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Did anyone get Lego City Undercover? If so, how do you like it so far?
I got it today, played for about an hour. The game promises to be a loooot of fun!

deathray
05-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for good games? I'm thinking about buying the Wii U in a while.

JayPeaches
05-23-2013, 07:42 PM
The Nintendoland games are pretty fun, especially with a group of people. Those games utilize the built-in camera on the wii remote and it's really funny seeing people's expressions.

I also love Super Mario Bros for wiiU and we just got Sonic Racing, which is fun but I can't for the life of me figure out how to drift.

Beulah Land
05-23-2013, 10:26 PM
The only games I have for the Wii U so far are New Super Mario Bros U and Darksiders 2. I'd recommend both but if that's not enough to justify a Wii U purchase right now I suggest you wait til summer or fall when there'll be tons of great games out for the system: Rayman Legends, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, a new 3D Mario game, a new Smash Bros. game, a new Mario Kart game, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassins Creed 4, Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, New Super Luigi U, Ducktales Remastered.

Andyland
05-23-2013, 10:44 PM
I want one, but since the system doesn't appear to be a runaway success, I'm going to wait for a price drop.

Malike-pakile
05-25-2013, 10:48 AM
If you're into these kind of games, I can recommend ZombiU and Resident Evil: Revelations.

I am also looking forward to The Wonderful 101! That game really looks like a lot of fun.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Wonderful_101_box_artwork.jpg

dollsbitches
05-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Has ANYONE unlocked the third level in Candy land or whatever it's called? On Nintendoland? The one where you have to collect the candies? Basically the only game that makes the entire Wii U worthwhile?

halo eighteen
05-26-2013, 09:03 PM
I need to play Nintendo Land more.. or the Wii U in general. I think I'm pretty far into NSMB U so I might as well get around to finishing it.

Super excited for SNES Earthbound coming to the eShop at some point this year..

Faust
06-01-2013, 06:41 AM
Oooh, that's right! I was trying to remember what exactly was coming out on the eShop that I was going apeshit over. Haven't done much with my WiiU due to being busy, but I've started using it for Netflix and YouTube. Nintendo Land is really great when you have lots of people over. Still waiting for some more games to come out for the console proper. Right now all I have are Nintendo Land and NSMBU.

deathray
06-11-2013, 08:05 PM
No one gonna talk about how amazing Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. looks?

Jamiieee
06-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Kitty Mario! I can't wait!!!

Malike-pakile
06-12-2013, 04:30 PM
I am SO in love with Mario Kart 8!
The graphics and the innovations are just wonderful.

Also: X is gonna be a first day game for me.

halo eighteen
06-20-2013, 12:35 PM
No one gonna talk about how amazing Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. looks?

I was really meh about another SSB until I saw Mega Man! Seems like he'll totally dominate any match though.

Faust
06-21-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm a bit past the SSB shtick. I didn't like the original when it came out and Melee/Brawl were big enough improvements that I sorta got to liking the series but after a certain point I think the game is the same shit over and over again. Maybe that's just how fighting games work but I have no excitement for another Smash despite the three new characters being awesome. God knows ill still end up buying it.

halo eighteen
07-18-2013, 11:05 PM
EarthBound is on the Wii U eShop today!!

kiki
07-19-2013, 02:43 AM
I've been waiting for that since it was rated back in 2008! Too bad I don't have a Wii U and don't plan on getting one at the moment... or any news about Mother 1 and 3.

wout
07-19-2013, 05:49 AM
The layer of dust that's collecting on my Wii U is ridiculous :(

Faust
07-20-2013, 04:11 AM
Fffff, and I just put Earthbound on my Ouya. Whatever, hello legal digital copy.

The layer of dust that's collecting on my Wii U is ridiculous :(

I love the hardware, but it just does not have any games. Most of the multiplatforms would be on my PS3 and there aren't enough first party titles out to keep me consistently investing in games. They need to expand fast if they want the console to survive.

Malike-pakile
11-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Got Zelda WW and Mario 3D today.

"Next Gen" can kiss my ass! ;)

Ps.: Had problems with my WiiU. My new Nintendo ID is: Makische

Please add me.

halo eighteen
11-30-2013, 09:35 PM
I've been playing an awful lot of Wind Waker HD lately - I never played very far into the original gamecube release, so I'm glad to get to experience more of the game... trying to do it without a guide, but a couple spots have tied me up so far.

I'll probably be getting Mario 3D World for Christmas, so hopefully I'll have WW finished by then.

Jamiieee
12-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Same here actually. Got as far as the tower of the gods in the original then moved on. I ended up beating WW HD last week though and I'm so glad I gave it another go. Fucking amazing! Now I'm playing Link Between Worlds on the 3DS and loving it also.

dollsbitches
12-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Mario 3D World is awesome. And I'm also really enjoying Wii U Play. Oh and Rayman was AMAZING, it's a shame I already finished it.

Malike-pakile
12-03-2013, 02:02 PM
WiiU play? Do you mean PartyU? If so, is it really good? I am thinking about getting that as well, it's nice that you get an extra Wiimote with that.

dollsbitches
12-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Sorry, yes, Party U. I really like it. I play Wii Party with my friends all the time and this is like a slightly better version of that. Oh and you can FINALLY decide not to play against the computer. So if you're having 2 friends over at least you don't have to play against some randomeesha Mii.

But seriously, Mario 3D World is awesome. It's hard because I'm not used to 3D games but I've been playing it with my friends (you can have 4 players at once) and it's so much fun. Cute graphics and music and just really fun levels.

wout
01-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Pikmin 3 is so so awesome!

Spikey
05-11-2014, 10:22 PM
The Koopalings are playable in Mario Kart 8.
About time.
Yay.
Meaning, Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Mario-Kart-8-13-1280x984.jpg

dollsbitches
05-12-2014, 08:29 PM
They're giving away free downloads of a second game if you buy Mario Kart 8. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Spikey
05-12-2014, 11:26 PM
These being, New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U. I own all of those games already except for Wii Party U. Yay.

halo eighteen
12-11-2014, 09:44 PM
I know it's been out for a while, but I've been sitting down with DKC: Tropical Freeze the last few days and been having a surprising amount of fun with it. It's got a big nostalgic vibe to it (seems like that's really what Nintendo's excelling at these days) - insane mine cart stages, etc.

dollsbitches
12-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Is it a good two player game? Like the super Mario stuff?

halo eighteen
12-15-2014, 11:32 PM
I only play single player, but yes there does appear to be a simultaneous two-player option. Player 1 has to be Donkey Kong, and Player 2 can be the supporting character (Diddy, Dixie, or Cranky). I think the game is much less forgiving than Super Mario. Some of the more frustrating levels have taken me several dozens of lives to get through, specifically the "hidden" ones that don't have any checkpoints. Like Battletoads of long long ago, I can almost see the two player option being a hindrance to many players given the high difficulty level.

Spikey
12-17-2014, 03:04 PM
^ I thought it was kind of nice with 2 players.

Anybody playing the new Smash Bros??? :)

dollsbitches
12-17-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm still really obsessed with Mario Kart 8 and got the 8 new karts. They're a lot of fun. And we play Wii U Party a lot. I love the game with the balls and the fashion plaza though I'm super disappointed I can never buy the princess dress :(

Spikey
12-18-2014, 07:05 PM
I was kind of disappointed with the new chars from the MK8 DLC (aside from Link of course). Who needs another Mario and another Peach, we've already got a zillion of them in the game.

halo eighteen
02-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Does Bayonetta 2 come with a registration code for Club Nintendo? There's TONS of new games and items up as of today (including a sleek black Zelda messenger bag which will probably be very soon sold out) to help people empty out their coins and I'm just a few short from getting anything worthwhile. I have a $50 best buy card and thinking of buying a game to get more coins.

Spikey
02-03-2015, 12:39 AM
I would assume it does. Get it now that the "kill-club-Nintendo" floodgates have opened in NA!

Spikey
02-10-2015, 02:39 PM
God, Nintendo, get your pre-orders in order. Just got a message that the 4th pre-order within 6 six months is being cancelled because Nintendo could not meet the pre-order demand. Ftw. No Majora's Mask limited edition for me, it seems.

Beulah Land
02-10-2015, 03:37 PM
I swear they always do this on purpose to create a frenzy and for publicity. Why else would they constantly not make enough product?

Spikey
02-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Yeah, but that would make them less money? We are talking about pre-orders here. Something that is already paid for, and products that will likely never return.
Pre-orders cancelled so far;
- Marth Amiibo
- Wii Fit Amiibo
- a Gamecube controller adapter (paid for in November, still has status "supplier will offer replacement product").
- Zelda Majora's Mask limited edition (with pin)

:(.

Beulah Land
02-10-2015, 07:04 PM
I know it makes no sense at all. Wouldn't you want to maximize as much profit as possible? But unfortunately this has been Nintendo's strategy for a long long time. They do this with pretty much every major release. They literally have billions of dollars of liquid cash so they can do what ever they want to create intrigue, mystery and hype. I love them to death but they are very frustrating. I'm kinda pissed that I probably won't be able to snag a Majora's Mask Limited Edition New 3DS XL.

Spikey
02-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Well we can be sad Nintendo fans together then. :D

Beulah Land
02-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Well we can be sad Nintendo fans together then. :D

:D ;)

halo eighteen
02-14-2015, 09:37 PM
Target's website briefly had it available for sale yesterday morning. I was able to get my order all the way through to the final step, even put in all my CC info... and then it just unexpectedly emptied out my shopping cart. So who knows if they actually ever had any.

I feel your pain. I don't even like the thought of the "New 3DS" anyway. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just an optional upgrade, but certain games only being playable on it is super annoying and just begging to cause confusion with people. I love Nintendo to the point of near blind devotion, but this is too much. That being said, I was gonna cave and buy the Zelda edition so what does that say haha.

Spikey
02-15-2015, 07:12 PM
I wasn't talking about the New 3DS Majora's Mask Limited Edition though, just about the limited edition of the game. Both are not really available. Oh well.

Have they announced games yet that are only playable on the New 3DS then??

Beulah Land
02-15-2015, 07:38 PM
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D which comes out early April is only for the New 3DS.

Spikey
02-15-2015, 11:25 PM
Ah yeah, but I take it that is a port from the Wii game, and needs somewhat more processing power. We'll see. So far, I don't "get" the New 3DS :).

halo eighteen
02-21-2015, 08:42 PM
I wasn't talking about the New 3DS Majora's Mask Limited Edition though, just about the limited edition of the game. Both are not really available. Oh well.

Have they announced games yet that are only playable on the New 3DS then??

Ahh yeah, that limited edition was gone in a flash, too. I did pick up the standard version and am excited to play through that game again, as I never did much when it was released.

Xenoblade is rumored to be released with a special New 3ds edition sometime soon as well, so I've got my eyes peeled on that. I was skeptical of the improvements on the system, but a couple people from work have one already and it is pretty nice. The 3D effect is actually useable without having to keep your head in one precise position. It also feels generally less bulky/toy-like.

Spikey
02-23-2015, 09:36 AM
I don't think I ever actually finished Majora's Mask on the N64, I did once on that wonky Gamecube collectors edition disc thingie.
The New 3DS, as I understand it, is the only option to have free camera rotation in Majora's Mask; because of that extra C-stick. Even though it adds little to the gameplay, it is a shame that I can't look around in the game (I always like doing that a lot).

Spikey
02-23-2015, 09:47 PM
Did you know that you can use the Song of Storms to wash away the annoying jinx "You've been cursed. You cannot draw your sword." thing? No? Well now you do.

Spikey
03-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Can I haz Amiibo pls?

http://i.imgur.com/GNI1N4n.png

dollsbitches
03-27-2015, 02:14 PM
I got Mario Party 10 last week, and it's fun. I played an older version of Mario Party a while ago, and I thought it was too complicated, with buying candy and stuff? This is more straightforward, with minigames and stuff. I like it.

Also can't wait for the new Kirby and Yoshi games! :)

halo eighteen
03-29-2015, 01:58 AM
Nice collection!!! I lucked out and got Mega Man when Gamestop's site had it for a half hour window on the release date.

I just got Mario Party 10 as well, with the Mario amiibo included. Maybe I'll give that a go tomorrow. I have been playing through Mario Party 8 again for Wii, and that has the candy. I wasn't much a fan of 9 with all the players on the rotating vehicles. I do enjoy that every Mario Party is different. Sometimes they work and sometimes they fall flat, but it's not at all the same game over and over.

Spikey
03-29-2015, 03:15 AM
Last week, me and three others enjoyed the hell out of MP10 before going out for drinks, played a few maps.

Oh, avoid Amiibo party like the plague though, it is just stupid.

dollsbitches
05-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Got Kirby. Was bored.

halo eighteen
05-22-2015, 04:06 PM
I played through the first world and it's cute for what it is. Not overly challenging at all. I didn't realize it was GamePad use only, which I guess makes sense with the touch screen aspect.

Spikey
06-29-2015, 06:12 AM
I'm so very much addicted to Splatoon, I played it for hours and hours yesterday online. Anyone want to share friendcodes??

dollsbitches
06-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Did anybody get the new Yoshi game and tell me if it has a TRUE multiplayer option (Like Rayman, Mario 3D, etc)? So not that there's 1 main player and the other one just has to go around collecting stars or whatever like an asshole? (ie. new Kirby, the old Mario Galaxy).

Spikey
07-01-2015, 03:46 PM
^ I have it, will try and check tonight for ya

Spikey
07-04-2015, 10:02 PM
full 2 player co op! played with a friend through world 1 now, VERY enjoyable! It is SMW2 all over again.

dollsbitches
07-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Great, thanks! Will check it out.

EDIT:
Tried it and I really like it! Everything looks so cute! It looks a bit too simple at first but that changes the further you get.

dollsbitches
09-15-2015, 08:36 AM
Mario Maker is awesome. I've only had it for one night but so far I think it's a good purchase. You get to create your own levels (I mean, that's the whole point of the game) but you also get to play CRAZY levels other people have created, that disregard any kind of logic you've come to know from the official Mario games. I've only played about 15 of those levels and I'm already amazed.

The only downside is that it has no 2-player mode, but that would also make most of the user-made levels unplayable so yeah, just take turns, you're going to die very frequently anyway.

Spikey
09-15-2015, 02:54 PM
^ Haha maybe I should give it some more tries. I played it for a few minutes and thought "this is all nice, but now it is time for..... SPLATOOOOOOoooooooonnnn! [echoes]"

Joey
01-24-2018, 06:54 PM
I'm a few years late, but I finally bought a Wii U! I found a previously owned one for relatively cheap and I bought Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. What a joy it is to play those games again and I can't get over how amazing they look!

Also, Super Mario 3D World, which it came pre-loaded with, is a fantastic game.

The more I've spent with it, the more I realize what a great console this is. It's a shame it's considered "failed," because there are so many games for it and so many neat little things about it! I'm admittedly a little disappointed with the Nintendo Switch situation because, honestly, the only two games that have made it worth my time are Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey.

Spikey
01-24-2018, 08:53 PM
Well, you are now evaluating a full lifespan of a console, it is hard to compare to a console that has been released less than a year back. The multiplayer stuff on WiiU is great, it just had two problems;
- Marketing. People thought it was an add-on to the Wii? Not a new console. While it was in reality the first Ninty console with HD graphics.
- Development. Nintendo greatly underestimated what it meant to be developing in HD. The first new Zelda came only at the end of its cycle, ALSO on the new console. Wtf.

The best games for it contain multiplayer fun. Be sure to have many WiiMotes lying about.
Aside from the Zelda IP remakes, be sure to look out for other Ninty IP;
- Mario 3D World
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Mario Kart
- Super Smash Bros WiiU
- Pikmin 3
- Splatoon
- Mario Party 100
- WiiFitU