PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3

Simon
11-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Hello everyone
I really want to start playing video games again lately
I have Playstation 2 and Wii at home home but most of the time the games at Wii bores me and I actually want to play with a remote that I don't have to move around constantly

Do you guys think I should buy a Playstation 3 ? I've seen one at 170$ for the 160G (fat) and 190$ for the slim one.

And what are the great games on it ?

gyabou
11-27-2012, 03:24 AM
For that price, it's a pretty good deal -- especially considering it can also be used as a dvd/blu-ray player, and if you have a Netflix subscription you can watch it on there.

As for games -- the entire Mass Effect trilogy just recently got released for it, highly recommended. There are also some great games on the Play Station Network, like Flower.

Beulah Land
11-27-2012, 03:34 AM
I love the PS3. There are so many amazing games for it. My favorites:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Bayonetta
God of War Saga collection (all 5 GOW games)
Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection
Batman: Arkham Asylum & Arkham City
Prince of Persia Trilogy
Tomb Raider Trilogy
LEGO Batman 1 & 2

wout
11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Uncharted 1/2/3

They're not just recommended, they're essential!
Also Ratchet and Clank :)

Canoodlefish
01-21-2013, 02:59 AM
Okay, 3DS has surpassed PS3 lifetime sales in Japan. Do you think PS3 has a longer-term value compared to 3DS? I can only afford one, and I'm leaning towards PS3 for Tekken Tag 2. Portability isn't really an issue, but the friend for whom I'm getting this already has a PSP.

wout
01-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Get an xbox instead ;)

Faust
01-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Okay, 3DS has surpassed PS3 lifetime sales in Japan. Do you think PS3 has a longer-term value compared to 3DS? I can only afford one, and I'm leaning towards PS3 for Tekken Tag 2. Portability isn't really an issue, but the friend for whom I'm getting this already has a PSP.

3DS has way more value. I've gotten more playability out of it than I ever have with the PS3, which while a great console, does not have that much to offer in terms of actual titles IMO. Can't say anything about Xbox per Wout's suggestion because I have used one all of 5 times in my life.

Canoodlefish
01-23-2013, 07:14 AM
I had to get PS3 because very few original games for 3DS could be found around here. And I'm heart-broken I can't find Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 any more too [cry]

On the bright side, I found an interesting game that has just been released to the Western world: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I hope I can find a copy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5BE1Vw5B3M

The Markness
01-25-2013, 06:39 PM
I had to get PS3 because very few original games for 3DS could be found around here. And I'm heart-broken I can't find Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 any more too [cry]

On the bright side, I found an interesting game that has just been released to the Western world: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. I hope I can find a copy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5BE1Vw5B3M

People are RAVING about this. I might have to break down and get a PS3 just for it.

Jamiieee
01-29-2013, 08:30 PM
^ That one's next on my list since I just finished An Unfinished Swan (got it for 3.50 on PS Store!).

Simon
04-12-2013, 03:05 PM
So I finally bought a PS3 , a used one of 80g for 130 $ with the game Little Big Planet
Really can't wait to see if I like it :)

Simon
05-03-2014, 05:39 PM
I need help !
I have my PS3 for a while now but never connected it to the wi-fi
Now I'm trying with some tutorials but everytime I enter my WAP code it doesn't work... and I have NO patience with this king of shit
Can someone help me
I've tried every number on my modem but it still doesn't work