PDA

View Full Version : Unrepentant Geraldines Tour 2014: South African Dates

Andyland
03-10-2014, 06:15 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1795766_574467159327820_1192679535_n.jpg

toriMODE
03-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Anyone from here going to the South African shows?

halo eighteen
03-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Wow, she must have loved her time there in 2011. Kind of unexpected!

TASpark658
03-10-2014, 09:28 PM
I don't think I know a single fan of South Africa lol but glad she's going back for them. :)

JHV
03-10-2014, 09:56 PM
Wow, she must have loved her time there in 2011. Kind of unexpected!

Weren't all 4 shows sold out or at least close to it? I'm not surprised to see Tori go back at all since it's a great new touring market for her. She seems to be trying a lot of new places this tour, which is a smart move on her/her team's part especially since Tori tours so often.

It will be odd if she goes to South Africa twice but skips Australia again. This fills the gap between the European and US legs though, and only gives Tori a short break in-between legs.

Kala
03-10-2014, 10:06 PM
She's going to go to places where she can sell out venues and make loads of money, so it makes perfect sense for her to go to S. Africa if the past is any indication of the future.

ETA: I remember the Scarlet's Walk/Lottapianos tour lasted almost a year. In 2003, RS readers voted Tori the fifth best touring act - pretty fucking impressive. She can't sell out venues like that anymore so you go where the money is.

halo eighteen
03-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Weren't all 4 shows sold out or at least close to it? I'm not surprised to see Tori go back at all since it's a great new touring market for her. She seems to be trying a lot of new places this tour, which is a smart move on her/her team's part especially since Tori tours so often.

It will be odd if she goes to South Africa twice but skips Australia again. This fills the gap between the European and US legs though, and only gives Tori a short break in-between legs.

Yeah she sold all or most of those shows out, but the Johannesburg venue only held 900 people. These venues look like double that size though, so that's good. It's great seeing any city that she can play two shows at, wish she could still do it more.

Kala
03-10-2014, 11:37 PM
wish she could still do it more.

granted it's not NYC, but she played 2 nights in Chicago during the OSW tour. i was there both nights and it looked to be sold out for each. venue capacity is 3,600. i too wish she could do it more.

halo eighteen
03-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Yesss I was at those Chicago shows too, it was the best way to spend thanksgiving! I thought for sure Chicago would get two shows this tour, but oh well. I thought it sold out pretty quick last tour.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

just owls
03-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Yesss I was at those Chicago shows too, it was the best way to spend thanksgiving! I thought for sure Chicago would get two shows this tour, but oh well. I thought it sold out pretty quick last tour.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It did, but it was the only show in the area. Now people have Cleveland, Detroit, KC, St. Louis, and St. Paul to choose from as well. I was hoping she MIGHT add a show at The Vic like she did in 2007, but then I saw there is no room in the schedule for that, unless she wants to run herself into the ground without a day off.

I have to say I'm slightly concerned about her voice holding up for so many shows. Her vocals were so powerful in 2010 and 2011, but she didn't tour so extensively.

Triskele
03-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Well, well. Thought the previous tour was a once-off. The last shows really felt like rituals, very very special. So thankful to have another opportunity to see her perform and I certainly hope she makes money ffs! The expense to an artist like her to do concerts here could be significant and the venues are not that big. But Geraldines will be piano-centric which means not a lot of extras so it will be intimate like last time. Perfect. Just chuffed right now :)

Webwicked
04-11-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm from South Africa and are going to both shows in Johannesburg. It's in a much better venue this time.