PDA

View Full Version : UG Songs Live

TASpark658
05-03-2014, 02:59 AM
After hearing the album I have to be honest I wish this was a band tour! I mean her solo stuff this era is stellar, that Parasol and Take to the Sky/Datura have never sounded better but what about the remainder of UG that isn't voice/piano. So my question is what songs will be staples and what songs might not even get played and how you think they will work solo?

toriMODE
05-03-2014, 05:56 AM
I'm usually all for band tours, but I'm kind of excited to have more varied set lists because Tori will have more freedom to change up the songs on a whim. I think Tori performing the UG songs will improve upon the studio versions. Trouble's Lament is a prime example of that.

starling
05-03-2014, 09:49 AM
im really keen to hear a solo GRP.

and i hope that the title track gets performed, majority organ, ala beekeeper on the 05 tours

TASpark658
05-03-2014, 02:27 PM
im really keen to hear a solo GRP.

and i hope that the title track gets performed, majority organ, ala beekeeper on the 05 tours

[sleep]..oh sorry i was listening to The Beekeeper from 2005. I hope if she does perform the title track it has energy but can see it being more exciting, especially when it gets into that first piano break.

I think the band songs that will work solo will be Wedding Day, Maids, 16 Shades of Blue and Giant's Rolling Pin. I wonder if she'll play Promise because she hasn't done a duet live. I don't know how America or Rose Dover will work solo at all.

stuper venus
05-03-2014, 03:21 PM
I think America will work solo. I'm hoping she'll do Rose Dover, but I really doubt she will. She has been mentioning in interviews that we'll get to hear the songs in their original piano-based forms, so I hope she makes good on that promise.

eskaton
05-03-2014, 03:34 PM
I thought she referenced recently that there'll be lots of keyboards, gear, tech, etc on this tour. I imagine much of the backing 'instrumentation' will be sequenced off gear either by her/mark or both.

TASpark658
05-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Ya I never thought about programming effects, like she mainly does for i i e e e, could work for a lot of the electronic tracks, making me more excited!