PDA

View Full Version : The virtual setlist freakout game

Venus_Envy
07-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Hi all,

Since the European/SA tour is now over and we're eagerly awaiting the start of the US tour so we can start drooling (or in some cases, throwing things) at our computer screens again, I thought it might be fun to do.

We can have a fake-setlist-freakout based on a virtual meet and greet/requests.

Everyone has until 3pm tomorrow (UK time, GMT) to post their request. Covers also welcome, of course. And I'll build an Unrepentant setlist around the requests and throw in some surprises. The best request (as chosen for by the person building the setlist) gets nomintated to do the next setlist the following day :).

Perhaps, in true M&G style, we could all post a bit about our request and why we chose it too?

At around 8pm tomorrow, I'll start posting the setlist.

Hope that makes sense.

Everybody ready?

LETS GO!

Waylon
07-04-2014, 01:44 AM
I would like to request "Mother."

Venus_Envy
07-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Nice choice :).

Anyone else?

toriMODE
07-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Raining Blood

Sakre
07-04-2014, 04:59 PM
I request NOT Raining Blood, lol.

Seriously though, I request Alamo with the piano intro from the recorded version.

emptytuileries
07-04-2014, 07:55 PM
I always said if I got a chance to request something at a Meet & Greet it would be her cover of "Angie." My half-sister was named after the song. Not to go into a lot of unnecessary details but she's kind of been wrongfully shunned from our family since my dad (also her dad) re-married after her mom died of cancer. I'm the only who tries to keep in contact with her ("don't you say we never tried...").

Yo Jupiter
07-05-2014, 01:39 AM
Carry, 'cause it's the first song by her I fell in love with!

waitressboy
07-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Pirates. I need a version of Pirates with only piano.

Venus_Envy
07-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Oooookkkk here we go. Sorry it's late boys and girls, I didn't think there'd be much interest.

Here goes.

Venus_Envy
07-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Parasol
Seaside
Mother
The Power of Orange Knickers
Weatherman
Upside Down
Blood Roses
Give/Raining Blood mashup
Spring Haze

Lizard lounge:
Angie
Operator

Butterfly
Past The Mission
Bliss
Way Down/Alamo
Scarlet's Walk
Iieee
Cornflake Girl

Encore:

Forest of Glass
Pirates
Leather
Carry

Venus_Envy
07-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Waitressboy, you're up. "Pirates" was a brilliant request. Although "Raining Blood" was close behind.

My request: Juarez

Yo Jupiter
07-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Wow, love Carry being at the end, this is how I imagine it to be if she ever plays it this tour!

So we can request again for the next setlist?

Sakre
07-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Way Down into Alamo- I would die

Venus_Envy
07-08-2014, 05:12 PM
^it needs to be done.

Anybody wanting to have a go at the next set, since waitressboy didn't pick this up?