PDA

View Full Version : Native Invader Tour Personal Show GTFO List

toriMODE
06-23-2017, 03:53 PM
What songs do you want to stay far far away when you attend Tori's show(s) this tour?

Personally I will cringe if I hear the following:

Your Cloud
Leather
Cloud on my Tongue
Concertina
China
I Don't Like Mondays
Time
Jamaica Inn
Ireland
Big Wheel
Teenage Hustling
You Can Bring Your Dog
Not Dying Today
Maybe California
Your Ghost
Invisible Boy

This will be fun to keep up with when we know who is at what show(s) and if they get these.

Littlegreen
06-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Winter (I've had it at every show)
Leather
Cornflake Girl
Ribbon's Undone
Ophelia

.chris
06-23-2017, 09:50 PM
I'm not picky when I see her live. I'd rather not have Not Dying Today (once was enough) or Ribbon's Undone though.

Carey
06-23-2017, 10:04 PM
Caught a lite sneeze (because it sucks live these days)
leather
china
winter
(I actually feel like having some SATY, if well done)
concertina (cause it sucks live)
Yo George
Big Wheel
Teenage Hustling
You Can Bring Your Dog
Mr. Bad Man
Fat Slut
Body And Soul
Programmable Soda
Velvet Revolution
Dark Side Of The Sun
Posse Bonus
Strong Black Vine
Flavor
Not Dying Today
Maybe California
Fire To Your Plain
Police Me
500 Miles
Mary Jane
All of Midwinter Graces
Rose Dover
Take to the sky

Alpha Neutral
06-23-2017, 10:12 PM
Take to the sky

LET ME HEEEEEEEAAR IT 17.000 MORE TIMES.

Jessy
06-24-2017, 01:43 AM
here. in my head.

halo eighteen
06-24-2017, 01:58 AM
Horses (it follows me)
Leather (I'm well overdue)
Big Wheel (fuck off)
Cornflake Girl (if it's karaoke again)
Cloud on My Tongue
China
Lust

That's really about it.

Oh, Secret Spell. Ugh squared.

waitressboy
06-25-2017, 02:36 AM
Dear Tori,

Here's a list of things we would like for the next tour:

First, the most obvious one: NO MASH UP. No mash up with covers and no Cruel/Sweet Sangria/Geraldines and no Suede/Hoochie Woman/Icicle and none of that. Play a fucking whole song; avoid AT ALL COSTS unexplainable mash ups (Torn/Human nature, wtf?)
Second, if you're doing Leather, MAKE IT SHORT. It's almost ok if it's under three minutes.
Third, no more Jupiter as the closer. We love that song, it's a great song, but we will be happy if you change that. Try Merman.
We can deal with less Take to the sky, Winter, SATY, Bells for her, Jackie, Jamaica Inn, Ribbons undone, and anything from AATS.
No more karaoke. If you need the whole background track to sing Cornflake or Raspberry, we're fine, don't sing those.
If you're touring with the band, don't do 15 minutes versions of Waitress and/Beekeeper.
If you're touring with the quartet, RECORD AND RELEASE THE GODDAM FUCKING BOOTLEGS OF THE WHOLE TOUR.

Dearly,

Waitressboy.

Domandapiano
06-25-2017, 03:02 AM
I'd actually love secret spell live! <3

I've never seen her live (I plan on changing that with this tour) so nothing will be a repeat for me but I concur I don't really want to hear the following things live:

Leather
Cornflake Girl
China
Anything from AATS, obviously.
Most anything from ADP, obviously.

Other than that, though, I'm pretty down. I wouldn't mind SATY or Precious Things or Winter as I've never experienced them live for myself.

SpaceDoggy
06-27-2017, 09:11 AM
BELLS FOR HER

grapefruit_is_winning
06-27-2017, 01:21 PM
My big No Thank Yous:

-I hate, and have always hated, Hey Jupiter as a closer. It puts a wet blanket over the entire experience.
-China, which I never need live or recorded, under any circumstances, for any reason whatsoever.
-Ribbons Undone, which I've had three times. I think those ribbons must have undone themselves in Seattle, because she always plays it here, but rarely plays it otherwise.
-Cloud On My Tongue which in my experience can be pretty boring live

Leather is fine because it's short, if nothing else. Winter and Precious Things are fine because I want casual fans to continue to buy tickets to her concerts, so that she can continue to have concerts.

Man, how I wish Horses followed me around!

Beelust
06-27-2017, 02:03 PM
I am not picky - but hearing the songs below would not thrill me...

Cornflake Girl
Wampum Prayer
Sweet the Sting
Hoochie Woman
Yo George
Big Wheel
Fat Slut
Secret Spell
Strong Black Vine
Not Dying Today
Maybe California
Police Me
Nautical Twilight
Wild Way

Bloody Grace
06-27-2017, 09:31 PM
Well, Ribbons Undone because I've had it 3 times. It's actually beautiful live, but damn.
Ophelia. Had it once, I hate it the same amount live and studio.
Tear in Your Hand
China
iieee, if she has to do that thing she did in 2014.
Blood Roses, CALS, Talula, Springtime (I don't think she can pull off a lot of Pele stuff decently anymore)
Random covers
Don't make me come to Vegas
Your Cloud
Bliss
Concertina
Daisy dead petals
I'd be actually curious to hear more ADP/AATS stuff live, I mean the good songs. What I don't want is Yo George, Bouncing off Clouds, Girl Disappearing, That Guy, Posse Bonus.
Anything with LOOPS.

Carey
06-28-2017, 08:13 AM
Well, Ribbons Undone because I've had it 3 times. It's actually beautiful live, but damn.
Ophelia. Had it once, I hate it the same amount live and studio.
Tear in Your Hand
China
iieee, if she has to do that thing she did in 2014.
Blood Roses, CALS, Talula, Springtime (I don't think she can pull off a lot of Pele stuff decently anymore)
Random covers
Don't make me come to Vegas
Your Cloud
Bliss
Concertina
Daisy dead petals
I'd be actually curious to hear more ADP/AATS stuff live, I mean the good songs. What I don't want is Yo George, Bouncing off Clouds, Girl Disappearing, That Guy, Posse Bonus.
Anything with LOOPS.

So you basically hated half of the Rome show XD I think that rendition of Ophelia was maybe the best she's ever done, and Blood Roses + iieeee were really good!

grapefruit_is_winning
06-28-2017, 01:02 PM
I will say - Voodoo in 4/4 time (I think, or whatever that was) is weird as fuck and not in a good way. She butchered that song in 2014.

But Bliss? Iieee?!?!?!!!

I could go with less with covers for sure, but I could hear Operator (Jim Croce), Wild World (Cat Stevens), I'm On Fire (Bruce Springsteen), Case of You (Joni Mitchell), and Dream On (Aerosmith) at just about every show and I'd be happy. Her covers of all those songs are gorgeous and really suit her in a live context.

Bloody Grace
06-28-2017, 06:21 PM
So you basically hated half of the Rome show XD I think that rendition of Ophelia was maybe the best she's ever done, and Blood Roses + iieeee were really good!

Yeah, the 2014 Rome show wasn't my fave. I have fond memories of a few songs, tho, and she performed some of my favourites like Carbon and Pancake, and played PtM which was my request. The UG songs were really pretty live. iieee was kinda boring, imho, and lacked any kind of tension. I didn't like the other performances I've seen on YT either, I just don't like that arrangement.

I'm not sure if I liked the show more than Rome 2009, because the setlist included half choirgirl, but... it was 2009, and I remember is as incredibly boring. But she did play Spark, hey.

Oh, I want to add that I don't also want to get A Sorta Fairytale, because she just doesn't play it at tempo, and I feel like it's a song that strongly asks for a paced performance, unlike this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muEWST-V3Nc

I must say that I liked the shows where she wasn't solo exactly because all the performances had better rhythm, while when she's solo she tends to slow everything down to avoid struggling with her voice. So I really hope there'll be someone else onstage with her in this tour.

Last complaint: I'm not sure if the acoustic of the Auditorium is my favourite, maybe because I'm always a bit far away, so I'm kinda glad I'm forced to go to Milan this time around.

Faust
06-28-2017, 09:28 PM
Anything from AATS aside from Curtain Call or 500 Miles - instant death set

waitressboy
06-29-2017, 12:39 AM
Sha hasn't played Strong Black Vine or Not Dying Today solo on concert, right?

soignee
06-29-2017, 10:13 AM
Sha hasn't played Strong Black Vine or Not Dying Today solo on concert, right?

Oh no what a problem

waitressboy
06-29-2017, 03:07 PM
Well, she started playing Datura last tour. And she played Pirates. So, who knows. anything could happen.

toriMODE
06-29-2017, 03:18 PM
Perhaps we'll get a Police Me/ Panty Police mash-up.

waitressboy
06-29-2017, 05:07 PM
Perhaps we'll get a Police Me/ Panty Police mash-up.

With an intro with the audio of the dialogue of The Big Picture's video!

silver
06-29-2017, 05:10 PM
Oh no what a problem

;l

Alamo
06-29-2017, 05:14 PM
[party]