PDA

View Full Version : It's been a long time...

entropy
01-15-2020, 12:10 AM
Hey parents!
Before this place closes down how about updates on our children?!

My daughter is 15 years old. INSANE!

Regina Phalange
01-15-2020, 12:14 AM
puberty is going to kill me. had to stop the kid from walking into traffic yesterday and for my efforts, i was ignored for two miles of sulking. walking sulking. not 60mph highway sulking. the child would rather die than have me be a mother.

my niece is graduating high school this year. she was born just a few months before scarlet's walk came out!

grapefruit_is_winning
01-15-2020, 03:07 AM
My nephew got married this summer. He was born the same year as Choirgirl :/

Jezebelle
01-15-2020, 04:02 PM
Such a long time.....

Its funny, I remember conversations I had in the TMP TUS thread when I was pregnant... way back in 2007. This place was probably the first place I told given the whole 12 week drama and a previous miscarriage.

I'm in a good phase in motherhood lately. They're fairly independent as far as care goes and they do chores etc - they're good kids. But we have fun together lately. Sometimes I feel like I'm just hanging out with shorter and smaller guy friends than my sons! Dinners, car rides... we're a tight family along with my husband of almost 15 years. Life is good and has turned out better than I would have thought :)

grapefruit_is_winning
01-15-2020, 04:30 PM
Can this thread be searched on the internet? I now worry about their privacy and their ability to read my true thoughts about them ;l

I think this is a valid concern - recommend going back through and deleting all comments you don't want to remain available to future humankind for perpetuity

I've been doing in on Facebook - they make it as difficult as fucking possible, naturally - and it has taken me a guesstimated combined 100 hours over the course of a year.

Regina Phalange
01-15-2020, 05:55 PM
I'm super concerned about identifying details out in public, but I don't think my kid is interested enough in me to go through my bookmarks. I think reading this site for a non-tori fan would be the best cure for insomnia. I mean, I don't want the kid to read it, but I figure 300 pages of "This is why Trump sucks" and "Which is better, Choirgirl or Pele?" would drive anyone but us away.

My kid is still shorter than me, but is starting to outgrow some of the adults we know. We wear the same sizes in some things (like shoes) so that's fun and won't at all be confusing. "Are these your Harry Potter socks or mine?" ;l

It is nice outgrowing JUST disney or pixar or whatever. We can watch grown-up shows and movies. I forgot how vulgar "Election" is with a dropped c-bomb so that was not my best parenting move last weekend. ;l

So yeah, I don't worry but I also do keep name and gender and age kind of private so if the kid ever does find an archive, s/he can't be SURE this is me, even though it's clearly me.

entropy
01-15-2020, 05:59 PM
puberty is going to kill me. had to stop the kid from walking into traffic yesterday and for my efforts, i was ignored for two miles of sulking. walking sulking. not 60mph highway sulking. the child would rather die than have me be a mother.

It's insane how fast they can turn on you! Hey kid, I just bought you concert tickets to a show. I am the best parent ever. Hey kid, put your clothes away. "Go to hell."

I exaggerate but not by much!

Regina Phalange
01-15-2020, 09:52 PM
I don't think my kid is interested enough in me to go through my bookmarks. I think reading this site for a non-tori fan would be the best cure for insomnia.

lol we discussed this at dinner tonight. I was right. Or there was some really good lying. But it was said it would be too boring to go through my stuff. I'm mom. By tween definition I'm the most boring person on earth.

grapefruit_is_winning
01-16-2020, 05:50 AM
Kids are such dicks :)

When I think of my behavior toward my mother as a teenager (especially 15-17), god, it's awful! I was an asshole for like no reason whatsoever a whole lot of the time... wtf?! I still shudder with embarrassment and shame, I had zero excuse for how I acted! (Of course I felt very entitled to my feelings, at the time).

I guess it's the beginning of the evolutionary process to help ensure we don't mate exclusively with close relatives :) We reach mating age and suddenly we hate our families!