PDA

View Full Version : Help with disappearing Flash player?

Perky Compson
06-30-2010, 05:09 PM
For the last week I've had a problem with Flash. I'll open up a site like Youtube or Hulu and the video won't load at all, it'll just leave a black box on the screen. If I re-install Flash, everything works fine, but a few hours later it'll be back to not loading video and I'll have to reinstall Flash again (which seems to have disappeared). Sometimes it seems like if I wait long enough, Flash reinstalls on its own, but I'm wondering if I'm accidentally doing something to disable it every time. Anyone know how to sort this out?

Using: Mac OSX 10.6.4
Safari 5.0

somAiroTevoLI
06-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Does flash work on other sites/other browsers?

Perky Compson
07-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Nope. It just keeps vanishing. I mostly notice because of hulu and Youtube but I can't seem to stream anything from other places either.

somAiroTevoLI
07-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Have a look here and let me know if you've tried those steps. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/2dda3d81.html

Also, have you tried another account on the same mac?

Perky Compson
07-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Hmm, I haven't tried those steps, so if it comes up again I'll do so. The problem seems to have disappeared in the last two days (bizarre but welcome). Thanks so much for the help and I'll try those steps if it comes back again!