PDA

View Full Version : Tori tour archives

emptycagegirl
06-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that there are almost complete archives of all the Dew Drop Inn, Plugged, 5 1/2 Weeks and Strange Little Tour shows on http://www.yessaid.com/tori/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=155.

The mod of the forum has spent a lot of time putting these together and they are an extremely valuable resource for live shows!

x x

toriMODE
06-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Corinthe
07-01-2010, 09:51 AM
This is so amazing! I don't know why I didn't search it out sooner, does anyone have recommendations on where to start with the Drew Drop Inn Tour, any memorable moments?

emptycagegirl
07-01-2010, 02:26 PM
I think the person who made the archive has marked the best DDI shows in their opinion. My personal favs are the Seattle late show (sorry don't have dates with me), the Purple Rose which I think is Hamburg (it's the soudboard show from Germany though), the first Miami is memorable but hard to listen to because Tori is sick. I also love the two last shows in Boulder, one of which has the famed version of Precious Things which many people feel is the best version ever.

Hope that helps!

toriMODE
07-02-2010, 11:01 PM
This is so amazing! I don't know why I didn't search it out sooner, does anyone have recommendations on where to start with the Drew Drop Inn Tour, any memorable moments?

Definitely the Miami show and the two Boulder shows.

ravishinglylow
07-06-2010, 03:45 PM
I also love the two last shows in Boulder, one of which has the famed version of Precious Things which many people feel is the best version ever!

Hmmm, I've listened to both of these shows and nothing stood out as being special, Precious Things-wise. Did I miss something? :)

Turbid
07-06-2010, 05:34 PM
oooooooh thanks for the heads up. :)

is it just me or...the only archive i can find is the 1996 one. all the link to the other years go back to 96 for me?

edit: i figured it out. just need to go back a little farther on that blog. lol

Corinthe
07-07-2010, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the recommendations, they were really good. :)

Hmmm, I've listened to both of these shows and nothing stood out as being special, Precious Things-wise. Did I miss something? :)

Boulder was nice I guess because it's her last on the tour?

Seattle was nice, but I was living in Washington during the time so maybe it fills a gap for me. I liked the College Station, Texas one, just for the sweet home alabama bit. ;)

Wow what a difference between the audiences in the states and across the pond hey?

warmgun
07-07-2010, 07:23 PM

Yes! a lot of things... PGY with a wonderful improv marching home.. landslide.. a rare hey jupiter with just bosendorfer.. she's leaving home from boulder1.. a sniffing TIYH... her spoken words (BfP success made by fans... no atlantic.. no radio..)

emptycagegirl
07-07-2010, 08:28 PM

For me, since the RAINN VHS came out, I tended to think that that PT version was better (or more intense) but maybe it was just the added visual of the performance. But a lot of people maintain that Boulder is the most intense version.

Waylon
07-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Boulder is the most intense version I've ever heard, much moreso than the RAINN concert. Mostly because she's doing the quiet, eerie, childlike "wash meeee cleeeeeean daddyyyyy..." and then she absolutely explodes. so it's like "washhhh meeee CLEEEEEEEEEAAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHN I SAIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDD". I know it doesn't relaly work to type it out, but every time I listen to it, it chills me to the bone more than any other performance of hers I've ever heard.

stuper venus
07-24-2010, 03:33 PM
PT from 96 makes me cringe...

JHV
07-24-2010, 10:13 PM
I can't get megaupload to work for me, is anyone else having this issue and/or know how to fix it? There are quite a few shows on there that I don't have and would love to get.