PDA

View Full Version : Ladies: don't panic! Your ABNORMAL lifestyle is preventable.

Pete!
07-02-2010, 11:23 AM
This. Ugh. I just can't even.

Two weeks ago, Time magazine reported on our ongoing efforts to protect the rights of pregnant women offered dexamethasone, a risky Class C steroid aimed at female fetuses that may have a form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH).

“CAH women as a group have a lower interest than controls in getting married and performing the traditional child-care/housewife role. As children, they show an unusually low interest in engaging in maternal play with baby dolls, and their interest in caring for infants, the frequency of daydreams or fantasies of pregnancy and motherhood, or the expressed wish of experiencing pregnancy and having children of their own appear to be relatively low in all age groups.”
__

In a paper published just this year in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, New and her colleague, pediatric endocrinologist Saroj Nimkarn of Weill Cornell Medical College, go further, constructing low interest in babies and men—and even interest in what they consider to be men’s occupations and games—as “abnormal,” and potentially preventable with prenatal dex.

And my favourite, a particularly horrible description of the correct way to be a woman:

"...normal female appearance which would be compatible with her parents presenting her as a girl, with her eventually becoming somebody’s wife, and having normal sexual development, and becoming a mother."

Etc. From the Hastings Center Bioethics Forum (http://www.thehastingscenter.org/Bioethicsforum/Post.aspx?id=4754&blogid=140) via Technoccult (http://technoccult.net/archives/2010/07/01/doctor-wants-to-use-in-utero-drugs-to-treat-heteronormality/).

So, there you go. In the Future, we will eradicate lesbians and uppity bitches who think there's more to life than being a mother and housewife. How ya like them apples?

The Hastings article does point out the irony of Maria New, one of the first female pediatric endocrinologists, describing careerist women as "abnormal". Someone ought to tell that bitch to get back in the kitchen and start baking some pies.

Jezebelle
07-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah, men are just getting pissed because we're doing it better ;)

I've read this... its horrific. Its hard to believe that something like this could be suggested in this day and time.

cinny~lou
07-03-2010, 01:14 AM
So...my desire not to have children means something is medically wrong with me? Huh. Neat. My ex-husband would have a FIELD DAY with that one!

EnjoyJoy
07-03-2010, 02:54 AM
So...my desire not to have children means something is medically wrong with me? Huh. Neat. My ex-husband would have a FIELD DAY with that one!

Just take a shot and start baking them babies... Maybe if you hurry you can catch up with the Duggards!

SageBrushFire
07-03-2010, 03:04 AM
I wouldn't have been surprised by this if this was 1950 but for God's sake it's 2010.

Canodiva1
07-03-2010, 09:34 AM

Ohohoh, me too!

Clearly I am ABNORMAL and require repair.:rolleyes:

Lágnætti
07-03-2010, 10:34 AM
So when do they ship me off to The Camp? I don't even have a syndrome to blame myself on!

Stone
07-03-2010, 11:21 AM
So what about women who actually want to have a fetus, but then chew on it? Is that something that can be treated with medication as well? I have a friend like that, though, so it's ok.

pan
07-03-2010, 03:15 PM
^that reminds me of my old pet rabbit that had babies and then ate them.

Nancy
07-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Oh good! Since we're playing around with peoples' urges, let's put cannabis in the water supply to chill these idiots out.