PDA

View Full Version : Bomb scare by idiots

Kari
09-02-2010, 09:28 PM
AND NOW THERE IS A BOMB SCARE. (http://gawker.com/5628844/bomb-scare-in-midtown-manhattan)

on 51st and Park. The mosque is called Park 51.

GOOGLE MAP FAIL YOU ASSHOLES.

There are mad sirens outside work right now.

Lathan
09-02-2010, 09:34 PM
That's c-razy.

And it's a community center.

Kari
09-02-2010, 09:35 PM
WHY DO YOU HATE FREEDOM.

We may get evacuated. ugh.

Lathan
09-02-2010, 09:41 PM
WHY DO YOU HATE FREEDOM.

Look what we've done with it!

No really. I wonder if this is an anti-mosque act. It would be ironing (?) if someone who opposes the mosque because it was insensitive to the 9/11 survivors decided to call in bomb scares to make a point. LOL. Except not.

(And seriously, hope you're okay.)

anj
09-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Look what we've done with it!

No really. I wonder if this is an anti-mosque act. It would be ironing (?) if someone who opposes the mosque because it was insensitive to the 9/11 survivors decided to call in bomb scares to make a point. LOL. Except not.

(And seriously, hope you're okay.)

http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/tv/ms_living_tv/2007Q1/tvs5010_l.jpg

[[dance]]

Kari
09-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Seems ok for the moment. We're not supposed to leave until fire marshal says its ok.

CNN took the story down so who knows.

Chalk
09-03-2010, 12:29 PM
What a ridiculous situation. I bet there's an election coming up, right? It must be for such a non-issue. It's not even a mosque they're building per-se. It's a community centre with among other things a mosque in it.

Alizarin Crimson
09-04-2010, 03:50 PM
I can't help but think that w/ all the bomb scares/ suspicious packages mentioned in the news (not only NY, but also in several places here in CO on that same day), it was too many incidents to be a coincidence. I know it sounds paranoid, but I can't help but wonder if those were all a dry-run :(

JAE
09-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I can't help but think that w/ all the bomb scares/ suspicious packages mentioned in the news (not only NY, but also in several places here in CO on that same day), it was too many incidents to be a coincidence. I know it sounds paranoid, but I can't help but wonder if those were all a dry-run :(

The thing is though that it's ridiculously easy to create a 'bombscare'. I mean it can be just a phonecall; or if you're feeling adventurous, a package with a lot of wires sticking out of it. So even if they were coordinated, it still doesn't mean that an actual bombing is any more likely, because it could just be designed to cause disruption and panic.