Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears

WHAT?!?!?! I'M FREAKING OUT!

This sounds like it will be AMAZEBALLZ!

I love the thought of Britney working with William Orbit and making a dubstep track or two with Rusko. I only know a little of Chase & Status's work, but the remix of Nneka's Heartbeat they did is great, so that's exciting as well. I've heard a couple Jessie J songs and haven't been a fan though.

It definitely seems like Britney will be doing something different than the other pop stars with this album, even with Max Martin/Dr. Luke being executive producers. I'm wondering if they're on hand to provide the 2-3 big singles and then the rest will be a bit harder and weirder, that's what it seems like from the list of collaborators.

Yep, I've been a fan since the beginning. I remember how excited I was when "Oops! I did it again" was about to be released. And "Baby One More Time" was the first album I ever owned.

Blackout is easily my favorite album of hers. I think it got a bad rep due to her life at the time, and I think as far as "comeback" records go, Circus was pretty great as well. But, even still, Blackout is fantastic.

weeaboo artshag unicron insanitykun's Avatar
    Jessie J also wrote Party In The USA. It makes much more sense with her singing it.
    TEN YARDS. tumblr.//etsy. PHOTO. sam branman

MuuMuse is hinting that the title of the new single is going to be "Don't Hold It Against Me".

Mario Testino is also shooting the album artwork, so maybe we'll get a decent cover this time? I'm not counting on it though.

PopJustice is reporting that it's just called "Hold It Against Me":

Britney's comeback single is a Max Martin and Dr Luke tune.

As we hinted on Monday, it's called 'Hold It Against Me'.

As Luke confirmed on Twitter, it's not called 'Don't Hold It Against Me' because that means something very different and as a song title is only about 12% as amazing as 'Hold It Against Me'.

And that is that.

Love it. And why do they always call it a comeback? Wasn't that blackout? And then for real for real, Circus?

And yes, Testino shooting gives me hope for an actual cover. Besides Circus, it's always been strange that the biggest pop star, IMO, has always had amateurish covers.

As far as I can tell, this is just a rumor. I have no idea if The Prophet Blog is a reliable source, but it got me excited nonetheless and I wanted to post:

OMG. Just heard a whisper from somebody very reliable that Robyn/Bloodshy & Avant did a song for Britney. I hope it makes the final cut!
    And also that Sky Ferreira and David Guetta's submissions have been knocked back. Thank God for the latter LOL.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TheProphetBlog

I'd love it if Robyn did something for Britney!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!So there were auditions today for dancers for the new video! It's being filmed on the 9th and 10th or 15th and 16th of January! Seems to be "Hold It Against Me" and it's being released in January!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/165..._britney.jhtml
    Last edited by Adam; 12-22-2010 at 10:59 PM. Reason: LINK PROBLEMS!

There are reports that Britney was/is in NYC to shoot the album artwork with Steven Gomillion, who has recently done the album art for Ke$ha's Cannibal and Ciara's Basic Instinct. I find his work generic but fine, so I'm hoping this isn't true but don't care much either way.

Bleh. Hate both those covers.

Cannibal's not awful, but Basic Instinct... yikes. Hopefully the artwork will at least top Circus. Her single covers are generally pretty solid- I loved 3's. Why that never translates to the actual records, who ever knows.
    Remember that we once lived

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Im not a big fan, but I love her video for "Im a slave 4 u"
    Gimme More was a great song. Girl can dance.. I didnt mind her vma performance as much as others.. like 50 Cents reaction to it when the camera panned to him.. It was just a bit boring.

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Volto View Post
    Gimme More was a great song. Girl can dance when she's not on a cocktail of benzodiazepines + maybe some amphetamines, ALLEGEDLY. I didnt mind her vma performance as much as others.. like 50 Cents reaction to it when the camera panned to him.. It was just a bit boring.
    i for one love that performance because it really is a mess. she's all over the place and her level of, or lack thereof, awareness is depressing to watch but at the same time entertaining.
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.