Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Is This Desire?

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjee View Post
    That exists too! The TBYML deluxe is with ALL the B-sides. I have to look; I think the ISD? Deluxe came with an extra disc but not all the B-sides. I haven't seen mine in forever so my memory is hazy...
    The only one that's missing is Long Time Coming. I'm so happy I found this those many years ago. I think it's my most cherished music treasure (along with Kate's box set!).

The second disc of Desire only has:

1. A Perfect Day Elise
    2. The Northwood
    3. Sweeter Than Anything
    4. The Bay
    5. Instrumental #3

I think Naked Cousin should be considered a TBYML b-side since it was recorded during that session.

Long Time Coming is from the Lamacq Evening sessions so maybe that's why it wasn't on the disc (it hadn't been recorded yet)

Talking about all of this just makes me want a 4-disc b-sides box and a 2 maybe 3 disc BBC/radio sessions box. It kind of bugs me that she's been around for 20 years and barely releases anything extraneous to albums and singles -- what bugs me about it is the way she makes herself seem "above that" as an artist. So is she "above" giving her fans what they want?

4,000th post Jesus christ I need more hobbies.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    It kind of bugs me that she's been around for 20 years and barely releases anything extraneous to albums and singles -- what bugs me about it is the way she makes herself seem "above that" as an artist. So is she "above" giving her fans what they want?
    I think that's just you reading massively into something. She's allowed to release whatever she wants; it's her work and her material and if she doesn't want to put it out in a collection that's up to her. I don't think that makes her a snob.

Yeah I realized how stupid that sounded after I posted... 3am ramblings, don't mind me.

Ugh. This album, you guys, THIS ALBUM. I don't know how I lasted 23 years without it in my life. I love every single track on it now. It's perfection.

^Welcome to Desire

Always been my favorite by her and I'm dying to get it on vinyl.

I have it on vinyl, and it keeps on skipping on The River. Sad times.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Mike View Post
    I have it on vinyl, and it keeps on skipping on The River. Sad times.
    I want it so badly. It's up for pre-order on Soundstage Direct but to my knowledge, it's not actually shipping anywhere. I don't think I've seen it go for less than $200 on eBay.

I called Sounstage Direct and they said that 1) it is Island who is reussing it and 2) they have no idea when; that it's been like that since forever.

I went to a record store in Koln, Germany (Drake Records) and they had JUST sold it.

I just really wish there was a good quality live recording of "No Girl So Sweet," Gah, that song slays me, and the slowed down version is just :O

For those that haven't heard the slowed down version:

Nov 30, 1998 Berlin according to Zeez.

"...so intense and beautiful it hurts"
    Last edited by DrDark; 01-08-2014 at 12:26 AM.

The week before last I went away to the Isles of Scilly. It's a very wild and coastal climate there, and there are plenty of ruins and old bits of castle dotting the coastal paths. At dusk on my last night I wandered up to an old Tudor blockhouse overlooking the other islands and stretch of sea towards Land's End and put 'The Wind' on my iPod. It was fucking incredible. It was like the song was coming out of the scenery. The song will forever be ingrained into that environment for me now.

In fact, I took some pictures while I was up there:

Gorgeous!