• Losing Ground
    • Snake
    • That Was My Veil

Nov.10, 2000
    • This Wicked Tongue
    • Beautiful Feeling

Dec.16, 2004
    • You Come Through

A compilation of Polly's BBC sessions for the late DJ John Peel. John was an early champion of Polly's music, giving "Dress" its earliest plays on radio, and this collection features a touching handwritten tribute by Polly.

I think this is a very underrated collection. The performances here are all good, and Water, Snake, and That Was My Veil are all excellent. You Come Through is also beautiful and filled with such emotion that it blows the studio version out of the water.

Depth is the greatest of heights whenthepawn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHV View Post
    I think this is a very underrated collection.
    It also speaks volumes as to what kind of friend PJ is. If I remember correctly, this was released shortly after Peel passed away. So, it wasn't like she was releasing to cash in like most artists do with this type of material. It was her way of paying tribute to a really close friend who supported her as an artist. She's a class act, in my opinion.

this is a really nice album, as it showcases PJ Harvey her talent in a compilation - maybe one day she will release a best of, or another kind of compilation that will make it easier for a casual fan to explore her work.

I found it very nice to be able to hear Wang Dang Doodle ! It's such a fun side from her - lately I've been listening to Dinah Washington and she has done some funny, tongue in cheek blues songs. I'm not sure if the material Dinah sung would suit PJ Harvey well, I think with the right songs that is a style that might her well from time to time

WHY IN THE WORLD SHE DIDN'T INCLUDE CLAUDINE!!!!!!!!???????
    But yes, it's a cute album.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    I think she must have included the songs that were John's favorites, or songs that remind her of him. The 1991 session must have been the first time they met, so of course that's there. You Come Through is from their last session. She probably didn't want to clutter it up with songs that "unimportant" to their relationship.
    Last edited by Octopussy; 12-29-2010 at 01:04 AM.