Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 1,561 to 1,567 of 1567

Thread: General fitness - goals, gripes, inspirations. Bring it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    if you have the scratch, the Powerblock weights investment is well worth it.
    Well, I have a pair of 5 lb weights, will that be good enough to get started? Are the Powerblock weights different from basic dumbbells/hand weights?
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    Well, I have a pair of 5 lb weights, will that be good enough to get started? Are the Powerblock weights different from basic dumbbells/hand weights?
    5 lb weights will be good enough to get started, but as it goes you are going to want to lift heavier. Powerblocks are adjustable weights - one set (the one I have) goes as low as 3 lb per hand all the way up to 24 lb per hand. I justified it because it cost less than 2 months of what a gym membership is here in NYC. There are a lot of squats and stuff like that and you will find you outgrow your current weight level fairly quickly. But there is no harm in doing light/bodyweight to start!

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    5 lb weights will be good enough to get started, but as it goes you are going to want to lift heavier. Powerblocks are adjustable weights - one set (the one I have) goes as low as 3 lb per hand all the way up to 24 lb per hand. I justified it because it cost less than 2 months of what a gym membership is here in NYC. There are a lot of squats and stuff like that and you will find you outgrow your current weight level fairly quickly. But there is no harm in doing light/bodyweight to start!
    Gotcha! Do they make suggestions in the training program about when to bump up your weights, or do you have to just feel it out on your own?
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    Gotcha! Do they make suggestions in the training program about when to bump up your weights, or do you have to just feel it out on your own?
    They more give guidance during the actual workouts. They'll be like "if this is easy for you, you may need to add more weight" and stuff like that. They will also tell you what they are each lifting just as a guideline.

Oh and make sure you have a squishy mat for ab stuff.

wrong thread, apologies.
    Last edited by BrotherNamedErised; 09-03-2017 at 06:24 PM.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Three months to the day I started this diet and so far I have lost 44 pounds! I have another 76 pounds to go. I will post again when I reach my half-way mark. 120 pounds is a hell of a lot of weight to lose but I am sticking with this even if it takes me a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    Three months to the day I started this diet and so far I have lost 44 pounds! I have another 76 pounds to go. I will post again when I reach my half-way mark. 120 pounds is a hell of a lot of weight to lose but I am sticking with this even if it takes me a year.
    Great job!