Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150
Results 2,236 to 2,244 of 2244

Thread: The All-Inclusive Madonna Thread

Today is her 60th!

Really great feature from the New York Times if you haven’t seen it already:

60 Times Madonna Changed Our Culture
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ay-impact.html

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Why did they even call her for this? What were they thinking? What was SHE thinking? UGH all around.

Long-time Lurker
    I thought this was pretty shameful, until I read that she was invited there to present the award for video of the year, and used that opportunity to tell a little story about how singing an Aretha Franklin song basically started her career. It wasn't a tribute, it was just her telling a story (and as is the usual thing, she was telling a story about herself). I think people are still upset about the Prince thing, and if that hadn't happened this probably wouldn't have gotten as much notice. People rush to deliver a #hottake on it without having the full context.

With that said, it is still a bit cringey, LOL.
    Last edited by Lunar; Yesterday at 05:29 PM.

I was more offended by her hideous outfit/mumu/jewelry/crown thingie.

Hands down the worst look of her career.

Also, Madonna is really smart. Which makes speeches like this even more confusing. She's smart enough to know how people will react.

Which makes me think she does this intentionally. Kind of "poke the bear," allow the hate to flood in, and then respond as an innocent lamb. "I'm all about love!"

You can read her response here, FYI.(where she spells Camila Cabello's name wrong)
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    I was more offended by her hideous outfit/mumu/jewelry/crown thingie.

Hands down the worst look of her career.

Also, Madonna is really smart. Which makes speeches like this even more confusing. She's smart enough to know how people will react.

Which makes me think she does this intentionally. Kind of "poke the bear," allow the hate to flood in, and then respond as an innocent lamb. "I'm all about love!"

You can read her response here, FYI.(where she spells Camila Cabello's name wrong)
    When has Madonna ever worried about how people will react before doing anything? That's the thing that separates her from other artists.

Anyway, I thought it was much ado about nothing. People just look for reasons to get mad. Appreciate artists while they’re alive and don’t worry so much about the “tribute”. If I wanna think about Aretha I don’t need someone to cover her songs or give me the bio of her life. I will put on her music and read about her. Madonna, as always, relates her personal experience with the subject matter at hand. With everything going on in the world right now this is what we want to be outraged about as a society? She also clearly doesn’t have any PR involved in her instagram, which explains everything that’s going on there. I’d love to see her ditch Oseary and get a proper publicist.
    Last edited by Adirondak; Today at 05:40 AM.