Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Director's Cut & remastered The Red Shoes

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar

Director's Cut & remastered The Red Shoes

Ok, let's bring the new album rumours in here.

Actually, it's just rumour - singular - at the moment, with this post from blog wotyougot

we’ve just been informed that the KATE BUSH will be releasing a new album in 2011, via EMI Records.
    with this followup post on the same site:

to all those doubting the validity of the KATE BUSH info yesterday (that she’s releasing a new album in 2011) we’d like to remind you that ..

November 11th 2010 we told you that the BETH DITTO was preparing a release of solo material, December 14th 2010 the B DITTO officially confirms the news.

December 13th 2010 we told you that the LADY GAGA was preparing to release her new album late May / early June and that the she-popper was going to perform at the Grammys, today we got confirmation that the GAGA is performing at the Grammys and on January 1st we were told that BORN THIS WAY is officially to be released May 23rd 2011.

.. if you don’t believe us that the KATE BUSH is releasing a new album in 2011 then that be fine, just stop she-hate-maling us for more dets and qvestioning our source(s). we know that a new album from the KATE BUSH is beyond beyondness of excitements so when we genuinely know more goss we’ll defs update you.

ps sharing is caring !
    Then Digital Spy reported on the two blog posts, essentially repeating the same rumour again. So, presently there's just one source of the rumour, and fuck all else.

But, still, speculation will start, especially after her Aerial-era comments to the tune of not expecting to take that 12 year break, and not thinking the next album will take that long.

It's been just over 5 years since Aerial, fyi.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    My friend's hair stylist's cousin's social worker's brother saw Kate and a record company executive scoping out the Hammersmith Apollo.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Since Aerial came out I've never thought it would be as long as 12 years again before the next release. Five years in between albums now seems like a pretty 'normal' rate for Kate though given there was a 3-4 year gap between all albums from The Dreaming to The Red Shoes.

I still can't believe it's been five years since Aerial was released. In many ways it feels like yesterday I stayed up late to hear King of the Mountain be played on BBC radio for the first time.

Well, she has been in the studio recently from what Del has said, so I don't doubt she has a project in the works. Whether we see it this year is another thing.

Did you also hear that Jesus Christ is making a comeback? Well no one cares about that anyway, as long as Kate Bush is releasing a new album, YEAY!

http://www.wotyougot.com/14-01-2011/...-from-emi-yet/

re the KATE BUSH new album coming in 2011 info ..

we’re now getting shemales from persons asking to see the PRESS RELEASE from EMI. well we never said there was a press release from the label !

this marvelous news that the KATE BUSH will be releasing a new album in 2011 came to us via phone conversation(s) we had from the reliable source(s).

that’s all we got, so stop pestering us for a press release cause as far as we’re aware she don’t exist.

and can we simply just be excited that a new album from the KATE BUSH is coming out in 2011 kplzthnxxbai !!!

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    I think it only makes sense that Kate fans are so cautious - mince pie anyone?

Aerial wasn't officially announced until 31/08/05, only a couple months before the actual release. And let's not forget Kate Bush albums almost always come out in the autumn. So it's going to be a long year, lol.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    We did know that Aerial was coming though from her Christmas message in 2004. But that's not to say she'd follow the same template again; I'm satisfied that she's in the studio and we'll hear something when it's ready. If 2011, fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by LAB View Post
    Did you also hear that Jesus Christ is making a comeback? Well no one cares about that anyway, as long as Kate Bush is releasing a new album, YEAY!

Perez Hilton has picked up the digital spy article too:

http://mobi.perezhilton.com/2011-01-...ing-lp-in-2011

Bit out of the loop at the moment so was a bit of a shocker to see this on his site today!

I remember Kate saying she was "working on a new album" in the Q magazine interview in December 2001 and it was another 4 years before we finally got Aerial. I will wait to be pleasantly surprised.

New Stevie and new Kate in the same year? Yes PLEASE!

It's a cautious hope, obviously, but it would definitely be amazing.

OK, something concrete: a spokesperson has confirmed that *something* will be released this year, but suggested it might not be an album:

http://www.nme.com/news/kate-bush/54595

Kate Bush is likely to release new material in 2011, her spokesperson has told NME.

The news comes after unsubstantiated reports about a new release from the fame-shunning musician recently surfaced on music blog Wotyougot.com.

Speaking in reaction to that report, Bush's spokesperson said a release from her is likely for 2011, although nothing is confirmed yet. They added that the new music from Bush would not necessarily mean a full-length follow-up to her last album 2005's 'Aerial', was on the way.

In 2007 Bush released a new song, 'Lyra'. It was used on the closing credits of the film 'The Golden Compass'.

After the birth of her son Albert in 1998 Bush decided to step away from singing in public. Prior to 'Aerial', her last album was 1993's 'The Red Shoes'.

Thank you for the news! If not an album, I wonder what. EP? One-off single?

I wonder? Whatever it is, it has really made my day

2011 is shaping up to be a good 'un!