Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PJ Harvey 2011 tour

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Tour starts tomorrow!

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Kala the Ugly American is hoping that perhaps she'll add a few more dates in states other than NY and CA later this year.

Please come to Atlanta, Polly!!!

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Ah well, we'll always have Paris.

Tickets for Tuesday the 19th in NY are up for sale at Ticketmaster as I type...

She played River and Angelene (so want this at one of the London shows!!!) tonight. My friend taped over half the show and will be uploading to YT at some point - apparently, she was wonderful

!! Thanks for the info Look forward to some clips

If the non-LES tracks at these shows are heavily plucked from the two masterworks that are TBYML and Desire, I will be quite pleased. Looking forward to a full setlist!

She wore all black with black feathers in her hair. My friend is just starting to upload some photos now, I'm sure things will start to appear on YT once people get home from the gig - and yes, agreed Bruce, I'd love to hear The Dancer - so gutted I missed the 2004 tour when she played that in London.

Are you going to the Troxy show/s by the way, Menju??

I am! The 27th and I cannot wait. I feel lucky, all these shows are sold-out city

I'll be curious to see how the setlist's compare between the two Belgium shows to see how much variation we might be able to expect from this tour. It seems she is going to play all of the LES tracks first and then move to older material for the encores, is this the impression everyone else has?

Are you standing or balcony? Say hello if you see me! We are so incredibly lucky. If the tickets hadn't have sold out when they did, they certainly would have done over this past fortnight with all of this amazing critical acclaim and publicity LES has garnered! Have you been to the venue before? I never have, but I did the virtual 360 degree internal tour thingie on the website and it looks quite nice! A bit old fashioned/faded glory/Blackpool-ish! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I'll be curious to see how the setlist's compare between the two Belgium shows to see how much variation we might be able to expect from this tour. It seems she is going to play all of the LES tracks first and then move to older material for the encores, is this the impression everyone else has?
    I agree with this. The encores seem to be the time when the older material comes out, which I'm fine with. I love how proud she is of the album and how she wants the "full" story to be told, almost. I think there will be variation and this excites me greatly.

I am on balcony, yourself? I'm excited! And I will certainly say hello Never been to the Troxy but I too have been doing website-looking and image-searching. I'd never even heard of the Troxy until now but judging by the pictures it seems they've had some names there - Nick Cave, Morrissey, er, JLS

Re the set list I'll be more than happy with lots of TBYML/ITD?. This album is only 40 minutes, 43 if you count The Guns..., so maybe she'll do as she did at the Paris webcast and do the whole thing and then fill the rest with past material as Bruce says. We will see when the set list comes in!