Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All Things Pokémon!

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Hm, must say I'm not really a fan of spin-offs with dramatically changed mechanics releasing so far in time before a core title; especially if they change up fundamental gameplay mechanics like turn-based RPG into something action/realtime. Essentially what they did for Fire Emblem too.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    That's kind of surprising that they're giving Eevee a starring role. I'm actually stupid addicted to Go, so this is intriguing to have a game with similar mechanics on the Switch. I'm not totally sold on it just yet, but I'll have to keep an eye on Let's Go.

I think it's been stated that this pair of games is squarely aimed at a broader audience (i.e. not hard core pokemon fans who IV breed, EV train and battle competitively) so I'm willing to let it slide that I'm not 100% sold on the mechanics they're using.

Makes a lot of sense that they'd try and capitalize on the interest/resurgence in popularity that Pokemon GO brought them.
    Yellow is an early game that I've not actually ever played so it'll be nice to get to play a version of it.....I'm absolutely going to be picking Eevee because really after 20+ years I'm a little burnt out on Pikachu!

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidIX View Post
    I think it's been stated that this pair of games is squarely aimed at a broader audience (i.e. not hard core pokemon fans who IV breed, EV train and battle competitively) so I'm willing to let it slide that I'm not 100% sold on the mechanics they're using.

Makes a lot of sense that they'd try and capitalize on the interest/resurgence in popularity that Pokemon GO brought them.
    It does make short-term sense when it comes to cheap cash ins and will not alter perceptions of the audience familiar with the franchise, but on other hand... it can also foster false expectations for the large new audience as to what the upcoming core title is (essentially cold hard turn-based RPG); this is the first time Nintendo gears Pokémon towards their home console market instead of handheld. What I don't get is, why not offer both? The mechanics from the first games they are attempting to remake don't even have to be reinvented, they already have them ready.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎