Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lisa Loeb Thread

The Lisa Loeb Thread

Sounds like the new Lisa Loeb (non-kiddy, non-camp-song, genuine pop) album is done recording and ready for mixing, etc. What better time to start the official Lisa Loeb thread?!

Couple studio pics at http://whatseatinggilbert.com/

YAY!!!!!!!!! SO ready for a new album from her. Glad to know other stuck around after 'Tails.' I think her entire body of work is actually very consistent.

I actually thought The Way It Really Is was one of her finest and is certainly her most consistent album. But yeah, everything's been really strong throughout her career. I hope there are enough fans left to make this new one a success (at least as much of one as any 90's singer/songwriter can expect anymore).

They'll eat your baby cat! Peter Z's Avatar
    I caught her show at Yoshi's in February....

It was AWFUL.

Hands down the worst show I've seen all year. And it's frustrating because I do love her catalogue and was really looking forward to it. Hopefully the recording of this new album will give her some more focus...

Anyway. You can read more if you want on Glide Magazine's site. But yeah... I'd love to have this thread to talk about her music, for sure!

Good news! I love her non-kid music. I've gotten to see her live a couple of times.

Once for a Hard Rock Live taping. Technical problems and she ended up singing "I Do" and "Stay" a combined 20 times. It was a bit much and I thought she was kind of fussy, to put it nicely.

But I've seen her a few times since, and loved her every other time.

the only full album of hers i really know is Firecracker but i love it..especially Falling In Love, How and Let's Forget About It.

i met her a couple years ago at an in-store performance at Newbury Comics and she was definitely not in a good mood..just generally kind of annoyed with the audience - she made a few jokes throughout the first few songs about how the cameras were distracting (i'd say at least 30% of the people there - and the store was pretty packed - were holding up cellphones and cameras through the entire performance, not just a quick snap here or there but just holding them up over their heads the entire time). later on she specifically asked two different people in the audience who were taping her with big professional cameras to stop - and oddly enough (considering how close they were standing to her due to how small the store was) both of them just ignored her and continued taping. i got a picture with her at the signing afterwards, i should dig it up.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 04-26-2011 at 12:52 AM.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    It was foolish of me to think she was done with music. I mean, she is still so young. How could I think she was FOREVER done. lol But when she was on that cooking show, I thought her life was definitely going more towards writing books/recipes and doing more talk TV, When she guest hosted on The View I know there was talk of her being on a show for IFC, but that never happened. I love that episode of The View, too, she told Elizabeth that her views were very "extreme" before it was popular to go after her lol.

When I was in middle school, we were forced to watch this program called Channel One. Do any of you remember that show or were forced to watch it? It was actually a pretty good program if you were open to it, most kids tuned out in my classes, but Lisa was always on there talking about issues and things. So was Anderson Cooper and I think Lisa Ling. Channel One, now that I think about it, started a few good careers, or at least saw them out of the gates in journalism.
    Last edited by Volta; 04-27-2011 at 01:57 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I remember Channel One!

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    ^ Channel One! Ah, brings back high school memories!!
    Suck it, Shawn.

Of course I remember Channel One, especially in middle school!

Does anyone have any live stuff of hers? It seems like bootlegs of her shows are pretty hard to track down!

"Firecracker" is one of my all-time favorite pop records. I love the whole thing, from start to finish. I also used to have "Tails" but I really only got into the singles (Stay, Waiting for Wednesday, Do You Sleep, Taffy). I never listened to anything of hers after "Firecracker" but I'm glad she's still around!

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    ^yep, Firecracker, I love it, also.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Tails is, imo, still her best album. So many good songs besides just the singles: Snow Day, Sandalwood, Hurricane, It's Over, When all the stars were falling. Love it love it love it.
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by talkingtadpole View Post
    Does anyone have any live stuff of hers? It seems like bootlegs of her shows are pretty hard to track down!
    the only live thing i have of hers is an mp3 of this performance of Anywhere But Here/No Scrubs on Craig Kilborn, which i love.