Page 154 of 164 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2460

Thread: Let England Shake: the all-purpose thread.

They took the gay right out of me. Buelis's Avatar
    Looks like they're getting the crow lady to sing her death tunes for the PM again!

I'll probably give it a miss. As much as I love seeing Polly on the TV Cameron, on the other hand, makes me want to throw things at it.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I hope I've not sat through David Cameron's wittering only to have missed PJ. His latest gem: "we invented DNA!" Seriously?

Did PJ just pwn David Cameron?

She spoke about how there's been a 100% cut in the arts budget in Somerset and that economic growth seems to be the only thing of worth. Good for her!

VERY short performance of The Last Living Rose on guitar with a backing track. Was nice.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    I recorded it and am going to try and brave my technological phobias to upload to YouTube!

OK it seems to be uploading as we speak! Fingers crossed.

To whet the appetite, I can exclusively confirm that in the interview David Cameron revealed that SamCam bought LES on iTunes after the Mercury Prize.

Thanks menju.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    To whet the appetite, I can exclusively confirm that in the interview David Cameron revealed that SamCam bought LES on iTunes after the Mercury Prize.
    You can imagine the scene at Chez Cameron: "Sam! I'm on TV with PJ Harvey tomorrow. Quick, get iTunes open!"

Polly should ban him from listening to her like Johnny Marr did.

Johnny Marr tells David Cameron to stop saying he likes The Smiths
    It has become something of a tradition for British prime ministers to name-drop a rock star or two in the hope that a bit of cool will rub off by association, only to be publicly and embarrassingly rebuffed.

Who can forget Gordon Brown's Arctic Monkeys debacle in a men's magazine, when he was unable to name a single track? Or Tony Blair's admission that he was a fan of Oasis – only for lead singer Noel Gallagher to announce that he was fed up with taking "flak" for it?

Now David Cameron has become the latest to run the gauntlet of the uneasy and usually unrequited relationship between politician and musical muse.

Johnny Marr, a founding member and the lead guitarist of The Smiths, yesterday called on the prime minister to stop saying that he liked the band.

"Stop saying that you like The Smiths, no you don't," he wrote on Twitter, adding: "I forbid you to like it."

Right, it's saying it's processing but this is the link/where it will be - can people see it?

Yes, watching now. Thank you! I got an email notification of the upload from youtube too as I am subscribed to your channel.

Ooh! The wonders of YouTube I honestly don't really know what I'm doing when I'm uploading, just cross my fingers and hope for the best really.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Thanks, menju!

My pleasure

Here are the Camerons with Polls

ETA Oh and another (he is holding LES)

I love that Polly spoke up about funding for the arts being cut. She looked fired up while still maintaining her poise and looked ready to debate the PM, and it was refreshing to see that side of her. I know that she tends to avoid delving into personal opinions when discussing her albums as she doesn't want it to influence the work, but sometimes I want to hear where she stands on issues, and it was nice to see a little of that here. Oh, and she looked fantastic!