Page 64 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Let England Shake: the all-purpose thread.

I really can't wait for the leak , I can't stop listening to the 6 songs i have right now .
    I think my favorite right now is The Glorious Land

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Written on the Forehead is my fav so far I think...

I'm totally in love with everything I've heard so far. Actually looking forward to Valentine's day for once, haha.

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    haha, PJ Harvey is my valentine this year, and Let England Shake is her candygram. Sent personally to meeeee, because we are such special friends. Best Valentine's Day EVER.

New photo:

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    ^ pssst. right-click and copy the image address, not the page address.
    Last edited by ebby; 01-15-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hex object View Post
    New photo:

Thank you! Loving the crow look. I'm expecting some (extravagant?) headgear for the new tour.

Wow.

I just caved and watched the Words that Maketh Murder video. The song is fantastic. I realy, really like it, and the video is pretty decent too. Nicely abstract without the ridiculousness of a certain artist's visualettes!

Leak already!

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    I've been catching up on this thread and my plan was to buy and listen to the album when it's released... I'm not sure I'll make it though... so far I've listened to three songs, and I am really loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by hex object View Post
    New photo:

This may be my favorite of the latest set of promo pics. I love how her profile works right into the architecture of the feathers/dress. Very cool shot.

Download of TWTMM on amazon.co.uk and Itunes. What really sucks is that you can't yet download the b-side "The guns called me back again" yet. I thought the whole single was supposed to be available digitally?
    Last edited by Polly_Jean_Cave; 01-16-2011 at 01:40 AM.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Oh, wow. Amazing picture! Anybody found a higher-res version? It's too small for my phone wallpaper.

I think the b-side is just 7" only, so we'll have to wait until Feb 7th. But you're right I think the download is available now; I'd love to see PJ back on the singles chart. The last time was "Shame" in 2004.

I think I missed something

So there's a lot of chatter about `visualettes' in this thread. I'm guessing there's some Tori allusion here, but I checked out of the Choirgirl Hotel years ago ... I think around the time of the Beekeeper (in fact, it took me a good five minutes of mental searching to remember the name of the album that came after Scarlett's Walk). Can someone be kind enough to just summarize this visualette business (non-sarcastically), so I can stop feeling perplexed : P?

Of course. After The Beekeeper, Tori released American Doll Posse in 2007 and on the tour for that album, a filmmaker called Christian Lamb (who has worked with Madonna among others) came on board to shoot footage which was intended to be used on a concert DVD. That concert DVD has never materialised, and instead Tori said she found herself writing new songs after looking at the raw footage. So what happened was instead of doing a concert DVD they used the raw footage as accompanying films for each song on her Abnormally Attracted To Sin (2009) album (well, 16 of 17 songs.)

The thing is, this raw footage is mostly just Tori walking around looking like a zombie in couture clothes with inexplicable close-ups of her shoes and her wistful expressions. The fact she called them "visualettes" has also become ridiculed. (The ADP concept was all about Tori adopting different personas, dressing up as different characters, so the "visualettes" also feature these 'different characters.' Translation: it's just Tori in a wig.)

Unfortunately the term "visualette" has become kind of like a fungus. PJ Harvey has NOT referred to hers as "visualettes"!