Page 139 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2094

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

I really loved Years and Years. It’s obviously very dark but I found it surprisingly hopeful in the end and I really loved the characters and the family dynamic. Emma Thompson is really great too — what’s insane is that if she wasn’t directly quoting Trump in some cases it would almost seem to over-the-top to believe. Such a crazy time we are living through.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    I really loved Years and Years. It’s obviously very dark but I found it surprisingly hopeful in the end and I really loved the characters and the family dynamic. Emma Thompson is really great too — what’s insane is that if she wasn’t directly quoting Trump in some cases it would almost seem to over-the-top to believe. Such a crazy time we are living through.

I loved how they did Emma Thompson's character. I like how for the most part we only see her through the eyes of the media.

And in response to your spoiler- that scene fucked me up a great deal. I was not expecting that and I was not ready for that. It really shook me.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Succession

So. Anyone?
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

Finally treating myself to Big Mouth Season 2. Maya Rudolph we aren't worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Succession

So. Anyone?
    Yep!! So I presume this is Rupert Murdoch's family right?! A lot of the finance talk goes way over my head but I am loving the season anyway. I love the music at the start!
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Best title music since Game of Thrones.

Have you seen the first season? Not quite as focused, but still great. The new season just took off like a rocket. The scene between Logan and Shiv was amazing — just how she suddenly went from smart, strong, independent woman to little girl reveling in how much Daddy loves her. Finally, Sarah Snook has an outlet to show us how fucking amazing she is.

And the show has already been picked up for Season 3! And that wasn’t a sure thing, because the ratings are meh. But the critics have found the show, and HBO sticks with acclaimed shows, UNLIKE FUCKING NETFLIX WHO GAVE UP ON THE OA. BASTARDS. BUT I’M NOT BITTER.

But yeah. Fantastic show.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    I love it too. I teared up a little during the Logan/Shiv scene for just the reasons you mention, Steve. Roman remains my favorite character (the one liners and snark are amazing), and I'm constantly feeling sorry for Cousin Greg.

Siouxsie

I really enjoyed season 2 of Pose (with the exception of the beach episode which felt like a true bottle episode that could be removed).

I feel like in season 2 Pose really hit its stride. I actually liked the beach episode! It was nice to take a detour for a hot minute. At times the show can become a A Very Queer Hallmark Movie Special, but I'm down with it. In these crazy times it is so great to see the focus on positivity and your own logical family. The whole cast has been great, but Elektra has been killing me this season. I nearly lost it with her in the last episode. I fucking love her. And just the fact that Patti Lupone has been featured is incredible. I'm sad that the season is over because I've been looking forward to it so much week after week.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Another Life. Im not a science fiction person aside from Jurassic Park and Xmen, but I really loved this for a binge.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    I feel like in season 2 Pose really hit its stride. I actually liked the beach episode! It was nice to take a detour for a hot minute. At times the show can become a A Very Queer Hallmark Movie Special, but I'm down with it. In these crazy times it is so great to see the focus on positivity and your own logical family. The whole cast has been great, but Elektra has been killing me this season. I nearly lost it with her in the last episode. I fucking love her. And just the fact that Patti Lupone has been featured is incredible. I'm sad that the season is over because I've been looking forward to it so much week after week.
    I REALLY struggled with Elektra in Season 2. I love her. Then I hate her, which I think is the point. I haven't finished Ep 10 yet, so I'm not sure to what you're referring (and now I'm afraid), but there must be a helluva internal struggle if in one moment you're all like, I hate Bianca, I love my daughter, I hate my daughter, I love my daughter. It's exhausting sometimes.

It can get a bit predictable at times - like who didn't see Angel being outed? And I guess that's par for the course, but I wish it hadn't happened so quickly. In addition, when it did happen, it almost seemed like an afterthought.

Can I just get an amen for some Sandra Bernhard in this MoFo right now? I mean, the character isn't all that exciting, but I still adore her. I love this show so much. I will miss it and be excited for it to come back.

Oh, I totally agree- I think they could have smoothed out Elektra's character arc a bit, because it did seem a little all over the place at times. I think they were trying to bring her back into the fold of the group and not play "the villain" (not that she ever was truly evil). But the one liners and her delivery just kill me every episode.

And yes, I LOVE the fact that Sandra Bernhard is in this. I think every time she comes on screen I reflexively turn to my husband and say, "I fucking love that she is in this!"

Just finished Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance S1.
    The original film holds a special place in my heart. So I was stoked to dive into this series. However, maybe puppet fantasy is best left to 90 minute film chunks. I found myself falling asleep more than once over the course of the season, and I basically had to force myself to finish it over the long weekend. There are some true gems in the series; the cast and the production value is fantastic throughout. But the characters and plot were just so uneven. They tried to go full on YA-Game of Thrones with it but it fell short. It's ambitious, but ultimately it left me wanting. :/

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    I just finished Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance too. I loved every moment of it. I thought they added so much more to the world and story. They managed to capture the magic of the movie while adding a bit more depth. I really hope to see a second season.