Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1870

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

I've just watched the last episode of GLOW. It was sooooo good! It was funny, interesting, it left me wanting for more!
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soignee View Post

Why is this so funny, WHY
    I'm living for Freckle!
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

I just finished "Dear White People" on Netflix. I thought it was a great show!

I've recently discovered "Life in Pieces" which is completely hilarious! Jen and Dianne Weiss's characters are brilliant.

Anyone else have serious problems with 13 Reasons Why? Like I can't even list them all here. I wish I hadn't wasted my time with it.

I happen to LOVE Ruth, btw. I think she's one of those people that would be so much more likeable if her insecurities didn't get in her own way. I loved seeing her start to trust herself and gain that confidence. Once she did, I was like "actually, she's a pretty cool lady!".
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I happen to LOVE Ruth, btw. I think she's one of those people that would be so much more likeable if her insecurities didn't get in her own way. I loved seeing her start to trust herself and gain that confidence. Once she did, I was like "actually, she's a pretty cool lady!".
    That's fair. I think I was about four episodes in when I said that. I finished the season and I can definitely see your point. The first few episodes it seemed she has to same schtick as Piper on Orange is the New Black.

Oh - and Life in Pieces. I fucking adore it. First season better than the first but still good.

^ it even started slow like OITNB did for me. I see a lot of people giving up on GLOW after two episodes. I probably would have too had I not already done that with OITNB before going back and ending up loving it, so I knew what to expect.

Anyone seen Schitt's Creek? OMG. I'm obsessed. It's like a Christopher Guest sitcom but he has nothing to do with it. However, Eugene Levy ( Christopher Guest regular) does. He and his son are the creators and the amazing Catherine O'Hara plays the older Levy's wife. It started out as a Canadian show but they recently started a third season that's on some channel I don't have. Anyway, you can watch seasons one and two on Netflix and Amazon but as of yet, the third season is only on Amazon and you have to pay to watch it. But seriously. If you need some laughter and some amazing improv and comedic acting, watch it.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar

Anyone seen Schitt's Creek? OMG. I'm obsessed. It's like a Christopher Guest sitcom but he has nothing to do with it. However, Eugene Levy ( Christopher Guest regular) does. He and his son are the creators and the amazing Catherine O'Hara plays the older Levy's wife. It started out as a Canadian show but they recently started a third season that's on some channel I don't have. Anyway, you can watch seasons one and two on Netflix and Amazon but as of yet, the third season is only on Amazon and you have to pay to watch it. But seriously. If you need some laughter and some amazing improv and comedic acting, watch it.
    It's on Pop Channel. I absolutely adore it.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I'm rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm in anticipation for its return this weekend. It's an accidental 2000s time capsule. Like you can see "state of the art" phones that look almost antique as rotary phones. Early guest stars were unknowns and now are pretty big (Colbert!) It's still hilarious and has aged well otherwise due to its depictions of awkwardness.

One thing I realized watching them all together is that Larry sometimes wins, sometimes loses. I really like that. In Seinfeld, usually everyone would lose and everything ended in disaster. That's totally fine and was usually funny, but I like the unpredictability that sometimes Larry is a hero. Or at least a hero in his own special way. The end of the Grand Opening episode is a great example and still holds up as probably one of my top 3 scenes in a comedy tv show ever. The words "Fuck you, you carwash cunt!" are forever burned in my brain.

I love Curb Your Enthusiasm! Suzy is my favorite, "you four-eyed fuck!" hahaha

Remember Me, a new supernatural mystery that is all about psychological horror as opposed to blood and gore. And it features Michael Palin of Monty Python, in his first appearance in a tv series in 25 years. It's worth checking out.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...ery-1.13801705

Ghost stories need atmospherics, and “Remember Me” has atmospherics all right. The wind moans, but never blows. The clouds hang in the sky rather than float. They are listless, gray, motionless, burdened. The North Sea surges. The beach is endless. The emptiness is cosmic — until a prostrate figure on the sand in the far distance begins to stir, then levitate. That emptiness is suddenly sinister, even malignant. Nature has been inverted. The supernatural has arrived.

You get the idea: Ghosts are here. The first 15 minutes of “Remember Me,” in fact, are actually the best because the dissonance is so striking. What is Michael Palin doing in a place like this, or a story like this? Soon enough you want to have an answer, then you must have an answer. The only problem is that you’ll also have to wait three hours to get one. Put another way, “Remember Me” is a three-hour miniseries that would have been better served as a 90-minute movie. Sunday’s launch, by the way, is the strongest of those three hours.

But viewers — or some anyway — aren’t coming for the ghosts. They’ll be coming for the main attraction. Palin, 74, hasn’t had a starring role on a TV series in a quarter of a century, which seems unimaginable. He’s one of the screen’s true legends, and to fans of “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” a veritable god. To call him a TV “treasure” wouldn’t be too much of an overstatement. And here he is, back again, as Tom Parfitt, a doddering pensioner with deep secrets and hidden skeletons. He seems kindly. Appearances are deceiving.

GLOW was so good! I watched the entire season today over the course of the last few hours. And I adore Ruth! Trudy was one of my favorite characters in Mad Men, so I love Alison Brie.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Binging Riverdale at the moment.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

LOVE Schitts Creek! Catherine O'Hara does an impossibly good job with her character. I crack up just listening to her talk.

^I do too.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    I'm rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm in anticipation for its return this weekend.
    It's not back. Not till October. Don't know how I got the date in my head. Maybe there was an announcement or trailer or something.