Page 106 of 113 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1695

Thread: What are you watching - the TV edition

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I'm rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm in anticipation for its return this weekend. It's an accidental 2000s time capsule. Like you can see "state of the art" phones that look almost antique as rotary phones. Early guest stars were unknowns and now are pretty big (Colbert!) It's still hilarious and has aged well otherwise due to its depictions of awkwardness.

One thing I realized watching them all together is that Larry sometimes wins, sometimes loses. I really like that. In Seinfeld, usually everyone would lose and everything ended in disaster. That's totally fine and was usually funny, but I like the unpredictability that sometimes Larry is a hero. Or at least a hero in his own special way. The end of the Grand Opening episode is a great example and still holds up as probably one of my top 3 scenes in a comedy tv show ever. The words "Fuck you, you carwash cunt!" are forever burned in my brain.

I love Curb Your Enthusiasm! Suzy is my favorite, "you four-eyed fuck!" hahaha

Remember Me, a new supernatural mystery that is all about psychological horror as opposed to blood and gore. And it features Michael Palin of Monty Python, in his first appearance in a tv series in 25 years. It's worth checking out.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...ery-1.13801705

Ghost stories need atmospherics, and “Remember Me” has atmospherics all right. The wind moans, but never blows. The clouds hang in the sky rather than float. They are listless, gray, motionless, burdened. The North Sea surges. The beach is endless. The emptiness is cosmic — until a prostrate figure on the sand in the far distance begins to stir, then levitate. That emptiness is suddenly sinister, even malignant. Nature has been inverted. The supernatural has arrived.

You get the idea: Ghosts are here. The first 15 minutes of “Remember Me,” in fact, are actually the best because the dissonance is so striking. What is Michael Palin doing in a place like this, or a story like this? Soon enough you want to have an answer, then you must have an answer. The only problem is that you’ll also have to wait three hours to get one. Put another way, “Remember Me” is a three-hour miniseries that would have been better served as a 90-minute movie. Sunday’s launch, by the way, is the strongest of those three hours.

But viewers — or some anyway — aren’t coming for the ghosts. They’ll be coming for the main attraction. Palin, 74, hasn’t had a starring role on a TV series in a quarter of a century, which seems unimaginable. He’s one of the screen’s true legends, and to fans of “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” a veritable god. To call him a TV “treasure” wouldn’t be too much of an overstatement. And here he is, back again, as Tom Parfitt, a doddering pensioner with deep secrets and hidden skeletons. He seems kindly. Appearances are deceiving.

GLOW was so good! I watched the entire season today over the course of the last few hours. And I adore Ruth! Trudy was one of my favorite characters in Mad Men, so I love Alison Brie.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Binging Riverdale at the moment.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post

Anyone seen Schitt's Creek? OMG. I'm obsessed. It's like a Christopher Guest sitcom but he has nothing to do with it. However, Eugene Levy ( Christopher Guest regular) does. He and his son are the creators and the amazing Catherine O'Hara plays the older Levy's wife. It started out as a Canadian show but they recently started a third season that's on some channel I don't have. Anyway, you can watch seasons one and two on Netflix and Amazon but as of yet, the third season is only on Amazon and you have to pay to watch it. But seriously. If you need some laughter and some amazing improv and comedic acting, watch it.
    LOVE Schitts Creek! Catherine O'Hara does an impossibly good job with her character. I crack up just listening to her talk.

^I do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    I'm rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm in anticipation for its return this weekend.
    It's not back. Not till October. Don't know how I got the date in my head. Maybe there was an announcement or trailer or something.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Binging Riverdale at the moment.
    Just started Riverdale. Doesn't look to be a Netflix Original but I thought the first episode was very perfect. Not familiar with the Archie comics but you could totally tell it came from a graphic/comic influence the way it's written and filmed. I also like how it looks like it took place in the '50s during certain scenes.
    It just has that comic book sensibility about it. And the acting is superb. That kind of script could go cheesy, curdle fast but they all commit to it so much it's kind of nice. And Luke Perry!!!!
    Also that cool logo with the sparkly Volkswagen Bug. I dig it.

Only 3 episodes in and I think something is pretty obvious but I could be way off base
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    The only thing i think is really Comic-like is that there is almost no sane character. Usually the main characters and their parents project this unrealistic sanity, making them behave like self-important know-it-alls. Not with this one. Everybody is just criminal, bonkers or both. Thought it was really great to see Skeet Ulrich.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Robin Givens, Skeet Ulrich, Luke Perry, Mädchen Amick.. and a hand full of other actors who were at their peak during the mid-90s. It's nice to see them all working again
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

Four episodes into Ozark. Quite enthralling!

Verizon users, you might want to check your bills or boxes. We have a very long free trial going right now for HBO. I think it's going to last until October. It even allows you to use HBO Go.

That's a lot of naked Justin in my Leftovers binge.

I'd been putting off watching the show, but with the trial I get to catch up. It's really fucking good.

I've fallen in love with RuPaul's Drag Race. I genuinely find it inspiring and kind of empowering. "Glitter and feelings", as my fiancee calls it.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Verizon users, you might want to check your bills or boxes. We have a very long free trial going right now for HBO. I think it's going to last until October. It even allows you to use HBO Go.

That's a lot of naked Justin in my Leftovers binge.

I'd been putting off watching the show, but with the trial I get to catch up. It's really fucking good.
    Ugh. I'm jealous. If love to watch it again for the first time. SO good!

I'm watching the last season of OITNB and loving it. I just binged last year's as well and man did it hurt.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down