Page 209 of 225 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3373

Thread: Lana Del Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Woodstock is my favorite so far, but still haven't listened yet to any of m extensively. Love is also stellar, but maybe a bit more of the 'typical' Lana.

Btw, anyone seen this? Quite touching to see the universal appeal of the lyrics and the sound.

Thanks so much for sharing, this was awesome. Surprisingly touching, too.

It was, wasn't it? Especially the guy that choked up. You could see the surprise when they heard that Video Game was in fact such an old style string-heavy ballad.
    I really enjoyed watching that, it emphasises why Lana is truly something else in today's music.
    post28!

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    I like the music / melodies /production, but the rap segments? I'm not sure if that's my thing...
    Agree... I hope rapless versions will appear, especially of Groupie Love. That one i really like up until the other person comes in.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    I actually like the titletrack a lot Overall I'm liking LFL more than Honeymoon.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar
    I think the lyrics for the title track are quite evocative, 'Climb up the H of the Hollywood sign' ... it's a good lyric. It's classic Lana, as it has undertones of suicide, but on the other end, it's a love song about loving life. I also enjoy the poetry she sings in it. Overall, it's not my fave track, and if comparing, Honeymoon is a stronger title track.

I've noticed that Lana is using a lot of 'stream of consciousness' type lyrics to some of the music that's more trippy, e.g. Coachella, Summer Bummer and to an extent, Groupie Love. I think it's pretty awesome. It's very different to 'Love' and LFL.

So in her radio interview, Lana confirmed that she won't include Yosemite. Because it's 'too happy' because 'we're not there yet'. I think she might be referring to the political climate. There is no deluxe version (the 16 tracks are around 70 minutes). So this means no Best American Record/Architecture!!! I'm very disappointed about it as it truly is an awesome song that is also quite trippy, moody and classic Lana. So, I'll need to be adding it to my own tracklist.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Neutral View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing, this was awesome. Surprisingly touching, too.
    i definitely just teared up at my desk watching that. thank you for sharing.

Summer Bummer is brilliant. could do without the rapper, but I can tolerate him
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

OH MY GOD. There are snippets floating around on line and tbh they excite me. Definitely a low key vibe to the whole thing, but there are some beats that are definitely a little more peppy than honeymoon stuff. One song actually reminded me of Off to the Races. I see cherry becoming an all time favorite of mine tbh.

There was honesty a moment that made me gay gasp in the greatest way, I'm not sure what song, I think maybe the Stevie one (somewhere around there in the album, there are too many songs and I only wanted to hear the clips once), but she sings the line "life is more than a video game" and it's so obviously a reference to the song that made her famous and I absolutely adore the way she sings it and can't wait to hear the whole thing.

I'm really looking forward to Friday.

^ The clips are good! She's definitely taken elements from her previous 3/4 albums and made almost a compilation album. It's more Born To Die, but I also hear bits of Paradise and Ultraviolence.

She's definitely added some politically aware lyrics. Not sure how I feel about them. I hope the songs with a 'message' don't end up being cheesy but actually something that shows she's captured the last couple of years perfectly.

I will skip the clips. When it's so close to the release date, I rather just wait.
    Bring it on, Lana!

^ very good. They're good but not earth shattering, these snippets only give a small taste of what's to come. Promising, though.

Lana has a gig in London next week! Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 12pm!

So... apparently, the new album is out there.
    Hadn't had a chance to listen to it yet.

^ Oh, really? I've preordered the album. Not sure if I want to listen to the leak.

I am going to the gig on Monday. Yay!

That's so exciting! In the past I would have scrambled to listen to the leak, but nowadays I have a little more patience. I'll probably be able to find it in a store tomorrow, honesty, so I'll just wait until then.