Thread: 120 Minutes Interview

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar

120 Minutes Interview

Yes, you read that right, MTV2 just revived the long-running alternative/indie program and PJ got interviewed on the first episode last night!

http://120.mtv2.com/

You can watch it there, it's 12 videos into the playlist.

120 Minutes with Matt Pinfield will air monthly on MTV2, 1am est / 10pm pst Saturday nights, the last Saturday of every month.

Awesome!

Nice! I always loved Matt Pinfield, I'm glad he'll be hosting again.

I thought that was a good interview, even if it was way too short. Good to see PJ getting some US TV exposure though, and it was funny that she had no idea about Uh Huh Her (the band). It's too bad the tour question wasn't filled with any new information, but that's to be expected since this was filmed back in April.

They took the gay right out of me. Buelis's Avatar
    Goddamn Europe... American-only channels.

120 Minutes!!! Yay!

It was the best show on tv for years.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Well, she mentions again that they'll be touring in support of LES through the summer of next year. Despite the mixed reaction to this tour, I've never seen her play live and would be tickled pink if she'd come to Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    Well, she mentions again that they'll be touring in support of LES through the summer of next year. Despite the mixed reaction to this tour, I've never seen her play live and would be tickled pink if she'd come to Chicago.
    Was the reaction mixed? I felt like I gave one of the more negative reviews here, and I still enjoyed the show I saw. I also don't recall seeing any bad reviews in the press, but I haven't been following that closely. I think now people are just a little burnt-out on the tour since the setlist hasn't changed.

If PJ does a US tour in the winter/next year, I would definitely go see her again if she played Philly. I'd really like to see her do this material in a better venue than Terminal 5, which was ill-suited to the LES stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JHV View Post
    Was the reaction mixed? I felt like I gave one of the more negative reviews here, and I still enjoyed the show I saw. I also don't recall seeing any bad reviews in the press, but I haven't been following that closely. I think now people are just a little burnt-out on the tour since the setlist hasn't changed.
    The press reviews have been mostly glowing. I was referring to the reactions of those who posted here about their experience seeing her on this tour v previous ones.

Back in July of last year when PJ did the interview, she said they'd be touring in support of LES through the summer of this year, but I've not heard about any more tour dates. Was so wishing she'd make it back here to the US since she only played NYC and LA.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Maybe she meant "Summer" down under, in which case she would've been correct hah