Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PJ Harvey new itunes session = F'n Beautiful!

PJ Harvey new itunes session = F'n Beautiful!

Anyone had a chance to listen yet? It's soooo lovely.

Yep- greatness.

Woah, it's weird to see Peej so airbrushed. I wonder if she approved of this cover? It seems so unlike her. Anyways, forgot it was even available, going to snag a copy right now. Thanks for the heads' up!

Only a few tracks in, but these versions are AMAZING! There is an urgency to them I felt was missing at the San Francisco show I attended, but perhaps the band is picking up steam because these songs are on fire! So nice to have quality live recordings of these tracks, kind of wish she'd have performed the entire album for iTunes!

Definitely what you said ^

The whole EP is just fucking blistering. Angelene and WOTF took my breath away!

I think its fair to say that most of these new recordings are the best versions she's released of these songs. Just a great addition to her library.

They took the gay right out of me. Buelis's Avatar
    Holy shit, if that isn't the definitive version of Last Living Rose, I'll eat my hat. It's perfect.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Listening now and I can understand the raves.

This is the way I most love "The Last Living Rose" - with a little more reverb on her vocal (which is absolutely amazing, btw.) Just glorious. And the guys' backing vocals when she's doing the last verse also = . And her "ahhs" at the end.

This EP is also reminding me how weird and awesome "Written on the Forehead" is.

ETA My only thing is that I'm not sure I like her vocal delivery on "Down By The Water" this time round.

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    So I take it this is better than the first Itunes session from 2004? I didn't really care for that one. I just downloaded the new one and give it all my attention either tonight or tomorrow evening.

Outtakes from the iTunes sessions photo shoot at East West Studios.

nice! thank you for these!

I listened to the clips and the effect on her voice (on all but one of the LES tracks) is very annoying and sounds rather awful to my ears. She should have performed them similarly to TLLR or Angelene (which sounds decent). Also, I have noticed that she sings vowels differently than in the past, placing emphasis on the "e" sounds, which also annoy me, particularly on "C'Mon Beelee" and WOTF "crying for everythEEEng."
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

I totally forgot about this. I just bought it. Listening now

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by befori View Post
    I listened to the clips and the effect on her voice (on all but one of the LES tracks) is very annoying and sounds rather awful to my ears. She should have performed them similarly to TLLR or Angelene (which sounds decent). Also, I have noticed that she sings vowels differently than in the past, placing emphasis on the "e" sounds, which also annoy me, particularly on "C'Mon Beelee" and WOTF "crying for everythEEEng."
    She's been doing that all year. I love C'mon Billy and Down by the Water, but I do not like C'mon Beelee or Down By The Wah-turrr.