Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PJ Harvey new itunes session = F'n Beautiful!

I fully enjoyed this!

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    She's taken to singing Down By The Water more in her natural accent (hence the "war-terrr" Dorset pronunciation); it takes a bit of getting used to after having heard the usual versions for years but I still enjoy them. However, I admit that I'm struggling with the 2011 Down By The Water vocals.

'twas mbc 'twas kollins Michael Michael's Avatar
    So, maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't find this on iTunes. Was it not released in Canada?

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post
    She's taken to singing Down By The Water more in her natural accent (hence the "war-terrr" Dorset pronunciation); it takes a bit of getting used to after having heard the usual versions for years but I still enjoy them. However, I admit that I'm struggling with the 2011 Down By The Water vocals.
    I've listened to the set a couple times now. The arrangements are better than ever on the older songs, but I can't get past the vocals. The rest of the set is ok, but I think prefer the Radcliffe(?) set from earlier this year, which had a storming version of Bitter Branches.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Oh yeah, that first BBC session where she debuted some of the songs was awesome - Bitter Branches was really great there, I remember.

They took the gay right out of me. Buelis's Avatar
    Those pictures would be nice if it weren't for the over the top airbrushing. Yeesh.

I live in Australia and i got it off itunes so i'm sure it'll be available in Canada as well.

I don't think the pics are photoshopped that badly. I can think of other artists who I would say have had over the top airbrushing, I won't name names though.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    I like the photo in monochrome:

She looks lovely & my goodness she is so tiny!