Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Ray of Light

Probably not....

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    God, why? She should seriously embrace the idea of pulling together some packages of demos, rarities, b-sides, etc. If done well, people would scoop it up 100x faster than any new album she puts out. I don't think she's ever done anything like that? (You Can Dance does not count, and I'm not talking about the 10,000 "greatest hits" collections). Madge - give us a treasure trove of the obscurities!!!!

I kinda get the feeling she doesn’t like to look back almost

In an online chat (it’s on YouTube I think) she was asked about an unreleased/b sides collection and said maybe, but didn’t seem so enthusiastic about it

I’d love a box set for each album, with outtakes etc, the tour on dvd, audio of the tour/rehearsals bla bla bla

Warner Bros./Rhino, etc. which I assume are in charge of all of her releases prior to MDNA have been awful about reissues that aren't vinyl. Who knew there was so much material that they could have included on a 20th anniversary remaster/reissue of this album?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaviinj View Post
    I kinda get the feeling she doesn’t like to look back almost
    I think you're right about that. I get that sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    I think you're right about that. I get that sense too.
    This whole looking back thing really intrigues me with artists who have such a diverse and varied catalogue, I’m a huge Kate bush fan and when she released her remasters it was odd, no extras no commentary. In an interview for her live album in 2016 someone asked her about controlling her legacy or something to that effect and she said it sounded so morbid....I kinda think madonna has a similar outlook.

I think my husband nailed it last night when he just said to me “if they don’t care, why are you so bothered about things that might not exist....”

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Warner Bros./Rhino, etc. which I assume are in charge of all of her releases prior to MDNA have been awful about reissues that aren't vinyl. Who knew there was so much material that they could have included on a 20th anniversary remaster/reissue of this album?
    I haven't posted here in forever, Joey - but I think there is some good news on this front as Madonna regained copyrights to her WB recordings under her original contract in 2018 under the Copyright Reversion Rule. I would expect you will start to see her start to focus on this - she posted on insta last year her photos of her going through all the archives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Shiver View Post
    Madonna regained copyrights to her WB recordings under her original contract in 2018 under the Copyright Reversion Rule. .
    Ooohhh interesting! Can you provide the details or a reference to where you heard this? Thanks!

Her reaction to "Frozen" is awesome (and it's basically our reaction too).
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.