Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: To Venus and Back

Back in 1998 I saw a Tori concert in Ithaca, New York. As people were leaving, the venue was playing the Raspberry Swirl remixes - before they were even released to the public. I recall lots of fans standing around and not leaving because they were playing the ambient Scarlet Spectrum Feels version of Raspberry Swirl - it was kinda surreal after such a great concert. Maybe she likes some more than others I don't recall hearing RS after my Toronto 1998 show...
    Robbing the muse...

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    I know Tori has experimented with drugs in the past, but I was surprised to read that her and the band were doing a lot of blow during the recording of To Venus and Back. No wonder it all happened so quickly. She's quoted in the Venus chapter in the new Myth of Tori book from yessaid.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I find that hard to believe. What is the source of this information?

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    There was that interview ( I think it was previously mentioned ) where she is quoted as saying they did a lot of good blow in the studio during the recording. Then she followed it up with something like, "I probably shouldn't have said that, but whatever." Of course I can't find the interview now.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Yes, she said "I'm going to get a lot of letters about that." Anyway, I'll look for the original article the quote appeared in.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Wow! I know she's done some experimentation with hallucinogens (man, I sure do miss those in my old age!) But I believe I read she's never smoked pot due to the smoke, and I always thought the hallucinogens taking was more about a legitimate spiritual searching and less about getting high. Otherwise I always took her for a bit of a goody goody about drugs. Now it makes COMPLETE sense how she so complete nails it with the lyrics of "She's Your Cocaine". Bwahaha!

Tori clarified she never smoked cigarettes, but she certainly has smoked pot before. Here's a quote. "The first drug I took was pot. I was 12. I guess that seems young, but this was a different time. We're talking 1974-75. Led Zeppelin were kicking! It was a different time! When I was 12, I was smoking weed at a friend's house and my father came to pick me up early. And we'd smoked so much. I'm like reeking. I lied my ass off. I told him my friend and her brother had been doing stuff. But not me. Then we had to go out to dinner with someone from the local church and his son. Halfway through, the son, who was about 18, took me to one side and said, 'You are sooo stoned.' Still, I got away with it." [Q - May 1995] she said in a radio interview that when she smoked after success she would call up her management and lawyers

Yes - I feel like there are numerous quotes of Tori and smoking pot.
    Robbing the muse...

Last edited by Alamo; 04-05-2019 at 02:57 PM.

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar
    we're two slow dancers, last ones out

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    Thank you for posting this! It came up on my Google feed the other day and I wanted to post it but I couldn't find it again.

I find it interesting that she grows datura but doesn't use it, considering how beautifully her song mimics the experience, from the shifting rhythms and cacophony of voices right down to the eerie synth drone in the latter half.