Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Susanne Sundfør

Susanne Sundfør

I'm surprised you lot aren't all over this woman like a dog eating mince. Kind of Lykke Li meets Regina Spektor in maudlin mode. Searing vocals, bit of melodrama.

She's got a new album out on March 26th, The Silicone Veil. Here's the lead single:

I'm not such a big fan of her self-titled first album, which was a bit more twee and jangly (exhibit A, which is one of the stronger tracks on the debut). She subsequently did a solo piano rerecording of the whole album called Take One.

The follow-up, 2010's The Brothel, is where she caught my attention. The album was very successful in her native Norway, and has some cracking pop tunes on it, but the haunting title track is the standout:

I love her so much. Her debut wasn't anything to write home about, but The Brothel was one of my standouts in 2010. I didn't know she had new material coming out soon, thanks for the heads up!

flayed on the marble stairs
    I love her too! The Brothel was completely incredible, and I really fell in love with her then. I had no idea that she had a new album coming out, so I'm awfully excited, especially since the first single is beautiful. The ending is to die for.

Yeah The Brothel was recommended to me by Jonathan and it's really lovely , I'll check that new one for sure !

White Foxes is gorgeous

flayed on the marble stairs
    What do you guys think of the album?!

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    I'm really obsessed with her right now. For the past couple weeks I've been having to listen to her at least once a day - basically anything from The Brothel or The Silicone Veil. Her first s/t album is truly wretched, MOR singer-songwriter radio pop. Kind of amazing how quickly she has evolved.

Top 10!

1. The Silicone Veil (current single) (VIDEO IS NSFW)
    2. Diamonds
    3. It's All Gone Tomorrow
    4. White Foxes
    5. Rome
    6. Father Father
    7. Stop (Don't Push the Button)
    8. Lullaby
    9. The Brothel
    10. Lilith

Anyone heard that instrumental live album she did? Is it good?

Love me some Susanne...check out her recent collaboration with Royksopp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ-26smj5Ds

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    ^ That song with Royksopp is absolute perfection!!

^Yes, I downloaded it after a recommendation and fell in love. I was reminded of the visuals of a mother who kept going back to the sea to look for her missing daughter after the tsunami in 2011. I bought Silicone Veil soon after. While most of what's on the album is not entirely my cup of tea, I find that I do better with it in small does. Really intriguing album though, and I would give the previous one a try, too.

Just keep an open mind - it actually took me 2 or 3 months to warm up to her. The songs that got me were "Diamonds" and "Rome". I did not like "White Foxes" at all at first and that seems to be the one that everyone likes.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2MlsMYuKh

M83 mastermind Anthony Gonzalez has always wanted to hear his music played on the big screen and on April 19th, he'll finally see that dream come true with the release of Tom Cruise's sci-fi flick Oblivion. Gonzalez scored the film with TRON: Uprising composer Joseph Trapanese, while his band M83 also contributed a brand-new cut featuring Norwegian singer Susanne Sundfør.

So, so good.

eh... that didn't do anything for me. Sounds like an overblown, less interesting version of both artists.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    That song didn't do much for me either. I feel like I've heard it a thousand times before.

Now, this live cover with Royksopp is amazing: