Page 268 of 284 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4256

Thread: Fiona Apple

Oh my god.

Is it getting too greedy to hope she releases a single this week?

I just rewatched the Every Single Night video yesterday and forgot how much I love it. I'm completely here for the early quarantine-saving release, but I do hope she can do some more standard promo (video, artwork, TV shows) around the physical release as well.

Ooh a single would be awesome. I hadn’t even thought of that.

Aaahhh very excited! But for something as rare as a new Fiona album I like to wait for the physical release, yes I'm old school and 1000 years old, when do I get to hold it in my hands ?!?! Are physical releases still a thing in this bizarre new world?

I still wait for the physical release... except for this time. I'm sure it will be out at some point later in the year, but there's no way I'm sitting on this one when I'm bored at home alone avoiding viruses!

Her label wanted her to wait for October, and with all the coronavirus stuff leading to postponements for other artists, it probably won’t be any earlier than that?

I don't remember where I read it, but I think Zelda has said Fiona hasn't done the artwork yet, so October seems like a probably release date.
    But I have to say that any image from the announcement video as the album cover is fine for me.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    I don't remember where I read it, but I think Zelda has said Fiona hasn't done the artwork yet, so October seems like a probably release date.
    But I have to say that any image from the announcement video as the album cover is fine for me.
    Fiona said that in an interview, but I'm guessing that has changed since then.
    I really don't like the cover for Idler Wheel. I like her artwork but the cover is just so...... brown. I don't think it represents the album
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

a journalist who heard the album tweeted this

https://mobile.twitter.com/netosanch...08414081466368

“I listened to #FionaApple’s new album in eight years. I can’t say much but trust me: the wait was worth it. It is wildly experimental and completely different from what she has done, she is really pushing boundaries. Not an easy listen at first. Is it work of art? Yes, her purest”

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John's Face View Post
    Fiona said that in an interview, but I'm guessing that has changed since then.
    I really don't like the cover for Idler Wheel. I like her artwork but the cover is just so...... brown. I don't think it represents the album
    I love the ugliness of the Idler Wheel cover, that whole album reminds me of some Victorian age scene with dainty ladies in white dresses stained brown by industrial smog.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    a journalist who heard the album tweeted this

https://mobile.twitter.com/netosanch...08414081466368

“I listened to #FionaApple’s new album in eight years. I can’t say much but trust me: the wait was worth it. It is wildly experimental and completely different from what she has done, she is really pushing boundaries. Not an easy listen at first. Is it work of art? Yes, her purest”
    The tweet is no longer available....

I wonder how this is going to go down. No announcement yet about how one can get this digital copy of the album. Give us more info...Zelda!

I'm assuming a standard Amazon/iTunes/Tidal/Deezer dump and it will presumably be making the rounds by Thursday evening in that case. It's crazy that it's coming so soon!

I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that I’m a bit worried about some of the descriptions of the album. I don’t want to this be an unaccessible collection lacking in melodies that gets overrated because it’s ‘artsy’ and ‘experimental’. Whenever I read that something isn’t an easy listen, I’m immediately reminded of albums that were described in similar ways that I’m not fond of (Bjork’s Utopia, most of Shaking the Habitual, Xiu Xiu’s Girl With Basket of Fruit, etc). That said, I get the feeling that Fiona Apple has a great sense of quality control, so I’m not really sure what to expect. I’m also certain that her lyrics will always be amazing.
    Last edited by VampireTampon; 04-09-2020 at 02:31 PM.

I don't totally disagree; some of the descriptions are a little worrying (the album has been described as not at all orchestral, and I love orchestral Fiona) but I think I'll be happy as long as there is some straightforward singing. Idler Wheel works, for me, because there are some gorgeously sung parts (Valentine, Daredevil) to complement the other ways she uses her voice as a more percussive force. It's crazy diving in to 14 new songs without even really a taste of what the production sounds like ahead of time.