Page 265 of 265 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265
Results 3,961 to 3,968 of 3968

Thread: Fiona Apple

New interview with Fiona! Sounds like the new album is basically done and is really coming. She says she just needs to do “artwork and stuff” and mentions meeting with the band in the next 2 weeks to discuss potential plans for touring. Wish it was more definite but it sounds very likely we will be hearing new Fiona in 2020:

https://www.vulture.com/2020/01/fion...m-updates.html

Slap a plain cover on it with your name and everyone will be perfectly happy, Fiona!
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

Exactly! I am also very intrigued by how she said her mom described the new music when she played it for her:

“I feel like this is the musical equivalent of standing at the edge of a cliff, and the only thing that’s keeping you from falling is this amazing wind that’s keeping you up.”

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Fiona could record this album on to a cassette tape and scrawl “Fiona’s Songs” on the edge and I’d probably pay $50 bucks or more for it. She’s always an insta-buy for me no matter the method or artwork.

I'm very curious to hear who the "band" is; she's obviously good pals with the Largo crew. Could Sean or Sara Watkins be with her? Benmont Tench? Any of her previous collaborators, e.g. Blake Mills? Completely non-famous locals that she's friends with? It could be anyone!

How frustrating that the VMP guy told me that this was extremely unlikely to ever come back in stock, and yet here it is a couple weeks later after I bought a way-too-expensive copy on eBay...

But for those who missed it! $36.95 shipped for Idler Wheel vinyl.

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/products/the-idler-wheel
    Last edited by Nick; 01-25-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm very curious to hear who the "band" is; she's obviously good pals with the Largo crew. Could Sean or Sara Watkins be with her? Benmont Tench? Any of her previous collaborators, e.g. Blake Mills? Completely non-famous locals that she's friends with? It could be anyone!
    I noticed that Matt Chamberlain listed on his website that he performed on her cover of The Whole of the Moon for The Affair last year, so it could even be him? Here’s hoping.

https://www.mattchamberlain.com/

Speaking of which I really hope this cover gets officially released at some point. It’s so so good and used so effectively on the show (the final scene of the very final episode of the series)

Last edited by MikeEP; 01-25-2020 at 01:52 AM.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    It's really nice to see her so happy and excited for the album. I'm right there with her there on the latter.

Love the pix, too. HER EYES. Also, PUPPY.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?