Page 264 of 264 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264
Results 3,946 to 3,955 of 3955

Thread: Fiona Apple

I'm a sensible girl GirlForPele's Avatar
    Fiona is featured on Jeff Goldblum's new album.

https://pitchfork.com/news/jeff-gold...tten-and-more/
    When pianos try to be guitars...out of my black and white world

If she's currently not certain about a 2020 release, then I'll put my money on 2021. I refuse to get my hopes too high!

Yeah but still a great interview. I honestly had the same thought afterwards - "early 2020 maybe" means we are probably getting it by the end of 2021 (knock on wood). I'm also interested in all the mentions of "her band". Idler Wheel is a beautiful album, but it's still my fourth favorite. I expect the new one will be similarly lo-fi (recorded pretty much entirely in her house it sounds like) but the last one was all her and Charley Drayton except for the bass I think? The way she talks about everyone in the band being busy makes it sound like a less insular project.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I kind of didn’t want the interview to end.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

She is so amazing, so unique and idiosyncratic and brilliant. Her brain works so differently from the rest of us because she is not plugged into the mainstream. What a marvel.

Trying not to get my hopes up too high for a 2020 release but she really does sound like she’s gearing up to get back out there between talking about doing promo/interviews/photo shoots (and specifically says how it’s been 7 years, which to me implies she’s imagining she will be doing that stuff in the near future) and mentioning she has “homework” to do in relearning her old songs for shows. Just hearing her talk about a new album that exists and she’s wanting to release is so exciting in and of itself.

I love The Idler Wheel so I’m excited to hear her compare this album to it in the way that it feels authentically her. I really enjoy the way they are so stark and organically rhythmic on The Idler Wheel. I think I’ve said this before but hearing that album and knowing it was the first she produced herself, it made me realize what I think she was going for on the officially released Extraordinary Machine and why she wasn’t happy with the stuff Jon Brion was doing. On that iTunes Originals release she did around that time, in the interview portion she says how she loves those Brion versions but they didn’t have “the right heartbeat” and that quote always stuck with me. I still prefer the leaked versions but I’m just saying it made more sense to me why she wasn’t satisfied with those versions. It seems like her instinct is to go much more raw and almost skeletal with the production/sound.

I was surprised to hear her mention the band too. It just really sounds like she’s been working hard on this and that there really is an album coming together and not just her working on a couple songs alone at home (which is what I was wondering based on the videos she’s shared with that fan site/Tumblr).

I know I could really use another Fiona album in my life right about now and so could the whole world.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 09-29-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    I kind of didn’t want the interview to end.
    Same here. At least I had forgotten about the promise of a J-Lo story so that was a fun little bonus at the end that I found very amusing and funny! I hope they get to meet sometime soon. But yeah, I'm a sucker for reclusive artists and tidbits on their whereabouts. I miss the mystery that certain celebrities carried. Nowadays, most of the new entertainers are over-sharing on social media and I get burnt out on them quickly.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    And that even if it doesn’t come out for ages we know there is an album that she likes as much as Idler Wheel, that is with a band, and nearly completed.

That’s a lot of good news!
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

^ yes, great point!

Also, I saw Hustlers this weekend...such a fun movie and J Lo is phenomenal in it. Criminal is used SO well. The music in the movie is great in general.