Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
Results 1,096 to 1,099 of 1099

Thread: Sexism

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    I looked at it like "we're redesigning and adding new ones all the time. While we're at it, let's add a one piece. Shouldn't be a problem." Then they had to dudebro it up.
    Right? Like...who fucking cares? It's a one piece bikini emoji. Just code it and move on with your day.

Also, I think this is where I should post some stupid shit I saw a couple days ago. So, FB is always suggesting friends. I'll check out their profile and if they look cool and we share friends, I'll add them. I know this one women that way. Maybe a week or two ago, she posts something about her always hearing a certain part of town was bad (a predominately black area), but after getting off at the wrong exit, she "finally see what they mean...hahaha." Yeah...funny. I've lived here pretty much my whole like, so I'm aware of the parts of town that get flack and what demographic lives where. So I know this area from that, but also cause I went to middle/high school in that area for 6 years and Tristan went to high school in the area too. I reply, "I know it might get a bad wrap, but it's really not a bad area. It's just a bit run down cause it's an older area and there's not a lot of money there." She was like "No, it was bad". Woman! I just told you that I'm very familiar with the area and you're gonna come up in here and act like you know what's going on based on one off ramp exit?? GTFO!
    So that was the one thing that I noticed, but whatever. She's younger and I can see how a woman might be more scared in a situation like that. Well, a couple of days ago, she posted a "movie poster" spoof on Saving Private Ryan, titled "Switching Ryan's Privates" with a photoshop of Kaitlyn Jenner, Chelsea Manning, and some other woman I didn't recognize, in Army uniforms. Then, there was a picture of Barack Obama off to the side. Subtitled "Is it a mission...a man...???" Her caption was "OMG hahahahaha!". First off...I have no clue what they were trying to do. I mean, obviously make fun of trans people. But it was 1st grade level shit. "What are you? A man? A woman? Hahaha!" What are you...10?? If you're gonna make fun of people, try harder. People who are struggling with their gender, who deal with bullying and physical assaults, and who have killed themselves over it. Oh, that's fucking hilarious!! And WTF does Obama have to do with it? It was just such a weak and ignorant attempt at hatefulness. I just replied "I don't get it", hoping she'd put her vitriolic explanation in black and white so other could see her transphobia, but she didn't reply. No one else replied or liked it...so I guess that was good. But Jesus. At this point, the only reason I'm going to stay friends with her is to troll her.
    Sorry...I'm still astounded and wanted to vent a little.

@perky...no, I came into here to post about a woman who posted something sexist on FB. Ins't that what this thread is for? Examples of sexism?
    If not, you can tell me here instead of giving me a red dot.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    There is nothing classier than complaining about red dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Perky Compson View Post
    There is nothing classier than complaining about red dots.
    There's nothing classier about giving red dots when you could easily address me directly about why my post aggravated you. I was under the impression that we're all adults here. No?