Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Online dating/hookup (Manhunt/A4A/Grindr) stories

Online dating/hookup (Manhunt/A4A/Grindr) stories

So me and my bf have decided to mess around with other guys, and it has actually not been too much fun for either of us...so far. I haven't been on those hookup sites in several years and I forgot how many creeps are out there. Pushy guys, pictures of dicks (especially stupid when your status is "bottom") etc. There's also a couple that I was really interested in (who messaged ME first) that aren't writing back now and haven't been online. What a bummer.

What are your stories?

Ha! I just downloaded Grindr today and I was just sharing two funny stories. First, a guy contacts me offering me sixty dollars to let him suck my dick. When I politely declined, he upped the ante to $65.00. A WHOLE FIVE DOLLARS. And then, just a minute ago, a 19 year old asked me if I wanted to hook up. When I said "Sorry, not looking for a random hook up" he replied with "AT YOUR AGE YOU SHOULD BE GREATFUL". To which I replied, "At your age, you should know how to spell grateful". Then he told me I was an ugly old man. I can see this is going to be worthwhile.

Two strings speak in sympathy spyk_'s Avatar
    Oh lord, there are many stories......many, many stories........*shudder*

I took a screenshot of this one and uploaded it to Facebook because it was too good. There were many hilarious comments. Ahhh, Grindr.
    Attached Images Attached Images

^I hope you took him up on the offer! Sounds sexy.

This sounds terrible but I use Grindr and such for the attention only. I will trade pics and chat and that's it. I don't use them to actually hookup with guys, though.

ETA: But, I'm not a tease about it.
    Last edited by Mike_P; 01-14-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Administrator
    I chat a bit on Grindr but I don't show pictures. I've actually met a couple of genuinely friendly and interesting guys, but usually you can't chat for more than a day or two before they want to meet up or send/receive cock shots. I figure it goes with the territory -- I don't pretend that Grindr is anything but a hook-up app. I've told a lot of people right up front that I'm only interested in chatting but some get pushy anyway. I guess people don't have patience for anything that doesn't involve getting laid.

In the garden of your mind. Tellurium's Avatar
    @spyk: and he offered to pay. What a nice man!

Come to think of it, most people I know who use grindr just use it to alleviate boredom, rather than as an actual means to pursue hookups. I'm more of a Peggle man, myself, but I can see the appeal. Attention is fun! And IMO, actually hooking up is often a lot more worry/work than it's worth. I think grindr would be a lot less busy if it only had users who were super srs about sex.

I looked on their website not long ago and it has a "testimonials" section with quotes about how people have found their true loves on grindr and isn't it awesome. I honestly had no idea that grindr meant to frame itself in that way.

Also this: http://grindrstories.tumblr.com/ is hit-and-miss, but kinda fun.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Well, in my town there's one tiny very insular and cliquey gay bar, so Internet and dating apps are actually one of the best ways to meet people. Though most of the interesting ones are people visiting or coming to study for a few months. But I've met some lovely people that way, and I'm more than happy to play tour guide for visiting guys and show them around my town. Sometimes they're not that interesting in person, and sometimes they're genuinely some of the most interesting people I've met.

In a small town with a shit gay social scene, it makes a nice change.

But of course you get the awful people too, and the paranoid closet cases and the fakes and the utterly mental crazies. But that's par for the course really when people have been sense of anonymity to hide behind.

Do you guys think it's weird for someone in a monogamous relationship (or presumedly so) to be on grindr all the time? Are you in a relationship but often use grindr, etc.? Even it's just for chat? I find it a bit odd that I've seen some of my friends in relationships on here. I don't think I'd like it too much if I knew my bf was on these kinds of apps all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunter Fartlett View Post
    Do you guys think it's weird for someone in a monogamous relationship (or presumedly so) to be on grindr all the time? Are you in a relationship but often use grindr, etc.? Even it's just for chat? I find it a bit odd that I've seen some of my friends in relationships on here. I don't think I'd like it too much if I knew my bf was on these kinds of apps all the time.
    Dating Apps are wayyy after my time. I kept on hearing interesting (horror) stories regarding these apps from my best friends, and one day during a dinner with them, they encouraged me to put GROWLR on my phone and create a profile. I did it because I wanted to see what it was all about. I tried to make my profile "Friendly" but it continued to devolve into "Here's a pic of my cock." It was hot and sexy for about 5 minutes. Guys hitting me up, sending me "woofs" and all that. However, I deleted the app after a week because a) the novelty wore off and B) I wasn't going to do anything with any of these guys. It seemed pointless if my intent wasn't to get it on with any of these guys.
    Last edited by Banjee; 01-14-2013 at 02:22 PM.

I use Scruff and have chatted to many attractive menfolk on there, but rarely "seal the deal" for one reason or another. The guys that me and the bf play around with, we usually find them via Craigslist or Adam4Adam.

As for stories...oh dear, there are so many. We're always amused by guys who want to, like, hang around after the sexytimes are over. It's like, dude, we're not hanging out. Thanks for three hours of hot fucking, now GTFO.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by Tellurium View Post
    I looked on their website not long ago and it has a "testimonials" section with quotes about how people have found their true loves on grindr and isn't it awesome. I honestly had no idea that grindr meant to frame itself in that way.
    I think that's kind of hilarious. Just like Ryan, I wouldn't pretend Grindr is anything other than a hook-up app, and that page is nothing but slushy stories of long-term monogamous relationships, as if that's all anyone is looking/should be looking for. It's as if they're ashamed of how their app is mostly used, or as if it's unmarketable in that way. Why is that the case? Are customers going to be turned off if a story details an especially awesome fling? It's so silly, although I guess it does have the effect of keeping those intentions unsaid/unwholesome/taboo and therefore sexier (I kind of hate this aspect of gay hook-ups).

"We met on Grindr. He sent me a picture of his cock next to a coke can and an offer to pay me to lick his feet, and I knew right then that it was meant to be."

But yeah, I think most people do use it for attention (and it's hella fun to troll with).

Two strings speak in sympathy spyk_'s Avatar
    It's good fun sometimes. I love it when I come home and find people from my primary or secondary school on there. In London it can be really intense, I go on at work sometimes and get people who are literally 20 feet away. It's nice if their hot and normal, but you get crazies who are all "Oh wow you're really close, wanna come over and suck me off". Yes, because you're so alluring with your magnetic proximity

The last guy I hooked up with was quite cute, but really weird. He insisted on being really cuddly afterwards, which is fine for a bit but there's a point where it gets a bit couple-ish and I'm not up for that. Oh, and I should probably mention that he wanted to have sex with the lights off.

Welcome to my life.

Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    In a small town with a shit gay social scene, it makes a nice change.
    absolutely.

and I'm not gonna lie, I have "sealed the deal" many a time using manhunt and adam4adam in the past. Actually some of the best sex I've had has been NSA stuff with guys from one of those sites. I'm not sure what that says about me... I'm a cold, shallow slut? Eh, I can live with that.

One of the funniest for me was a guy who sent me a picture of his dick as the first message (no hello or anything) and it was clear that he was sitting on the toilet. Gross, gross, gross.

I'm not a huge fan of Grindr but I've met a few good guys on there. One of them turned from a random hook-up/one night stand to one of my best friends for almost a year now. You really get all kinds.

I think I have a dudesnude profile from before my marriage. I've had some nice chats with some people from all over the globe that were just pleasant and non-sexual (surely I won't hook up with someone from New Zealand) but most of the time it was something like 'can i see ur private pics plz'.

Found some one night stands on there as well, some were terrific, some were quite boring and one was a disaster where the guy just wouldn't go home and kept on talking about inane shit like his crummy job and his daft parents. He wasn't the brightest bulb himself either... Good grief, that was a long night! And there was this guy who wrote me a love poem after one date, saying I was his lifeboat in a stormy sea ONE DATE!

Right now, I get the occasional email that I got a private message. Curiousity makes me look, but I never act on it.
    Still, it's always fun to do an area search to see if there are some people on there you didn;t know of but see on the street once in a while
    post28!