Page 527 of 527 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527
Results 7,891 to 7,897 of 7897

Thread: What was the last movie you watched?

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    It definitely deserves a BP nod. My guess is that it'll get one. Sean Baker should at least get a screenplay nod, maybe Best Director. I think Willem Dafoe has a real shot at the Best Supporting Actor trophy. Brooklynn Prince (the little girl) has an Actress nod chance, but I think the field is too crowded. Bria Venaite, who plays the mom, isn't getting awards buzz, which is a shame, because she's amazing. (It's her first acting role ever.) We'll still be seeing plenty of her at the awards shows, because she's gorgeous and fancy dresses look great on her.

But yeah, it'll get plenty of nomination love. As it should.
    Would you compare it to like.. Little Miss Sunshine meets Beasts of the Southern Wild?
    Just found out that this was not shot on an iPhone (Tangerine). It was shot on real 35mm. WOW Can't wait to see it! ahhhh From a phone to celluloid.

They actually screened Tangerine (before it took off) at the Bloomington LGBT FIIM Fest. Baker was there. The talk was really only about how freeing shooting on the 5s was.. very docu-drama. But this is going to be pretty opposite of that.
    Last edited by Volta; 11-16-2017 at 07:04 AM.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

^Woodshock was so incredibly haunting and beautiful, and my jaw was literally dropped during the final scene. I felt Kirstin Dunst's pain and grief so deeply. I understand that a lot of people saw it as having a lot of style over substance, but I was enthralled, and thought the story was completely unlike anything I've seen before. It weirdly reminded me quite a bit of my own life, up all night wandering the empty town/woods I live in like a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Would you compare it to like.. Little Miss Sunshine meets Beasts of the Southern Wild?
    Just found out that this was not shot on an iPhone (Tangerine). It was shot on real 35mm. WOW Can't wait to see it! ahhhh From a phone to celluloid.
    People are saying that one critical bit (which is glorious) was probably shot with a phone. And maybe some interiors. But yeah, it's mostly shot on celluloid, which is essential to the feel of the film. Especially in the scenes where the kids are just playing.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    ^Woodshock was so incredibly haunting and beautiful, and my jaw was literally dropped during the final scene. I felt Kirstin Dunst's pain and grief so deeply. I understand that a lot of people saw it as having a lot of style over substance, but I was enthralled, and thought the story was completely unlike anything I've seen before. It weirdly reminded me quite a bit of my own life, up all night wandering the empty town/woods I live in like a ghost.
    likewise. i resonated with it on a level i never thought possible. it devastated me with its profundity.
    Last edited by stoneforest; 11-16-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Happy Deathday - I was a bit sceptical that it would be a copy of this years Before I Fall - both movies use the Groundhog Day formula: repeating every day over and over again. But here, the women die every night and try to escape this threat.
    HD is more a thriller/teen slasher movie whereas BIF has a little bit more of a reflective/philosophical vibe to it. I enjoyed both in their own way.

That's so Shakespearean... Canoodlefish's Avatar
    Justice League

Reviews are not encouraging but I dig the show. Still, like what a review said, it's like a big-budget trailer for Flash and Aquaman, speaking of whom I wish he had more action and oh my those pectorals. (Superman's too how did they train them?!?)
    "Never build a dungeon that you cannot get out of."