Page 545 of 545 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545
Results 8,161 to 8,168 of 8168

Thread: What was the last movie you watched? (now with reviews)

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    Too long.
    Sums up 90% of all the good and bad movies of the past ten years.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I totally agree @Spikey - why is this so? Doesn't it cost *more* money to make a longer movie? I don't get it. My attention span cannot keep up!

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Have no idea. Partially this must be the writing and storyboarding, I guess they come with an estimation of length. But also maybe a sunk cost effect?
    Example: X-men Days of Future Past. They shot scenes for Rogue/Anna Paquin, but the final cut didn't even feature those. I was bummed when I first heard it.
    But later, they brought the so-called "Rogue"-cut to DVD/Blu-Ray, and watching that, I'm GLAD those scenes were cut - purely because of the pacing. Cutting out an entire character / actor is a rough decision because of the money already invested, must feel/seem like a total waste of budget, so I think it rarely actually happens.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    The Rogue Cut is the one FXmovies uses.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

IT Chapter Two

First of all, it's a very long movie to sit through. I kept thinking the actual ending was going to happen about 20 minutes before it did and it just kept going on and on.

I've read no critical reviews because I've been looking forward to this film for so long. And weirdly, I've not heard any fan reviews or really even seen commercials for this film.
    All of that was good. I didn't want any spoilers in any form... Especially since I loved so much, so many things about the first chapter and how that movie was so (1) artistically pleasing, (2) had a lot of heart, (3) great acting, and (4) was more emotional and less about being a horror film.
    To me, the most horrific part of that movie was Georgie's death scene. Ok, actually, the jump scares in IT1 actually did scare me.. but I digress.

So.. this movie is so long.
    I'd give the first hour an A+ ..everything about it is as promising as the first movie and mini-series version I so loved. You think if the rest of the film is going to be anything like the opening then it's going to be quite something, possibly epic.
    However.. i'd give the middle of the film a C and the ending a B-

And here's why

I'm sure so many people are going to love this film, tho. And appreciate the more commercial/traditional way horror films are made in 2019.
    I wanted arthouse and it was more funhouse.
    Last edited by Volta; 09-09-2019 at 09:56 PM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    ^
    I saw IT as well. And I hear you about the multiple endings. It just WOULD NOT END. Even still I enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as the first one and it wasn't anything near approaching classic horror film status, but it was a fun night out.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Rocketman
    Taron Egerton did a well enough job singing and acting. The movie felt a little light to me. I've seen so many biopics though, that they have a predictable rhythm for me. Fortunately I wasn't expecting epic greatness, so I wasn't disappointed.

It would be a good primer for someone unfamiliar with Elton John's life or music.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    ^
    I saw IT as well. And I hear you about the multiple endings. It just WOULD NOT END. Even still I enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as the first one and it wasn't anything near approaching classic horror film status, but it was a fun night out.
    Absolutely. But bring a butt pad or back brace and dont drink anything hours before. You really don’t want to have to miss a scene due to your bladder.
    It’s a long movie but a lot happens. And there’s a few really satisfying scenes that I won’t hint at because people were clapping when something was revealed.

I’d almost say wait for the dvd (Theres so many Easter eggs I’m sure) but nothing else is worth seeing at 13-16 bucks so you’re going to see it anyhow. ������
    Last edited by Volta; 09-10-2019 at 02:41 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.