Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tUnE-yArDs

She was looking out the window Snow White's Avatar
    Shallow comment alert but I love her style. Her hair and face paint are so much fun.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    ^ She looks fab!

Love this video for Real Thing.

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Shallow comment alert but I love her style. Her hair and face paint are so much fun.
    me too! Watching her and her band create music is so much fun. They look like they are enjoying themselves. Its a wonderful sight. My favorite songs from the album are "Water Fountain" and "Hey Life".

Did anybody catch this awesome interview with her backup singer, Jo Equality?

^She kind of looks like Dani Siciliano.

tUnE-yArDs on Later with Jools Holland in the UK tonight. Also a show announced at the South Bank Centre on the 5th of March. Exciting!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    tUnE-yArDs on Later with Jools Holland in the UK tonight.

Nice!

Here's the performance.

tUnE-yArDs - Water Fountain - Later... with Jools Holland - BBC Two

I love her so much!

Just heard Water Fountain used on a TV advert for Argos (UK based catalogue retailer with high street stores of consumer goods). I was all like "I recognise this" but it took me a while to click what it was as it was so out of context.

Tune-Yards Announce New Album, Share New Song “Look at Your Hands”: Listen
    Tune-Yards have announced a new album. The follow-up to 2014’s Nikki Nack is titled I can feel you creep into my private life and it arrives January 19, 2018 via 4AD. Bandleader Merrill Garbus wrote the lyrics for the record, which was produced by longtime collaborator Nate Brenner, who is now officially part of Tune-Yards. Along with the announcement, the duo has shared a new track from the record called “Look at Your Hands.” In a press release, Garbus said of the song:

Yes, the world is a mess, but I’ve been attempting to look more and more inward: How do all of these “isms” that we live in manifest in me, in my daily activities, interactions?

Some of the ’80s throwback production came from wanting the vocals to sound robotic, maybe to counter the sincerity of the lyrics. I started sampling my vocals with an MPC which I’ve wanted to do for years, and there was something that felt really right about my voice being trapped in a machine.

Listen to “Look at Your Hands” below; scroll down for Tune-Yards’ album tracklist and cover art, as well as their upcoming tour itinerary, which now includes a handful of 2018 dates.

What welcome news!

The 80s throwbacks on this track are a little bit too much for me, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Yay! London's Roundhouse is a great venue!

I've been listening to tune-yards a lot lately, especially Nikki Nack really looking forward to the new album.