Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Play by forum: the Resistance - Avalon. 6 Player session.

GODDAMNIT. TO THE PUB.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    THAT WAS A LOT OF FUN BUT ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I assume the assassins figured out who I was but I didn't want to out myself so they KNEW who I was. I was hoping someone noticed that every mission I rejected ended up failing.

A round of applause to Spikey. Great hosting. Thanks.

Zach was rejecting so many missions I was SURE he was Percival or Merlin (and that Regina was one of the other)! It wasn't until his mission proposal that I knew Regina had to be Merlin,. Had no idea that FullofWish was Percival.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Was on the edge of my seat at times.

Awares or unawares; Zach applied a solid tactic for a loyal member; he rejected the missions he wasn't selected on. He and Soignee hadn't much to go on aside from the votes, as nobody dared strongly voice suspicions. This made Merlin's task also very hard; a good tactic for loyal members I guess is to try and appear as Merlin.

After mission 1, I guess it isn't really a good strategy to NOT select yourself on a mission; when you are loyal, you know you have to get on the team. If you know nothing about the others, why not select yourself if you are loyal? If you are a spy, you want to appear as the former (and perhaps fail it), so you would also select yourself. For the fourth mission to succeed, you need ALL loyal members. One of the spies proposed four OTHER people, could have been a huge spy-tell. People approving missions they aren't on early game are also huge spy-tells. I guess that is cardinal rule number one; why are people approving missions with people they know nothing about?

What surprised me that "Percy" approved the mission proposal with both Merlin and Morgana. That would yield at least one spy. Merlin and Morgana were unawares of this, as they know only each other's alignment, not the exact roles.

Regina Phalange started out rejecting mission 1; she was the only one, so that would make her appear as Merlin too much if repeated. She approved the second mission, even though it was dirty.
    What a great move was, was selecting the three loyal members and not herself as a last desperate attempt, as nobody trusted her anymore anyway. This should have set off the first Merlin alarmbells for the spies.

The loyal team was doomed on Mission 3; it actually had BOTH spies, if they would have BOTH played a fail card, that would have automatically cleared Zach and Regina, and Fullwish would then have known that Regina was Merlin. But that did not happen; Just owls played a fail, and JayPeaches played a success. I was in awe, and actually contacted one of them "uhmm...you have not been communicating outside of thread RIGHT?" as of course, everything needs to be in the open; but they hadn't, they understood the game fully! It was the ultimate move.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    PFFT TO YOU AGAIN, REGINA!

That was SO much fun! And JayPeaches, I was holding my breath hoping you voted to succeed the mission we were both on. Thank fark you did. I was hoping you'd assume I'd fail it given I had the previous one. !
    It felt like the prisoner's dilemma! I figured WORST case scenario was that we both failed the mission, so that's why I went with succeed. I figured even if you succeeded it too, at least that would give us another opportunity to fail and neither of us would be outed. But if we both failed it, we were screwed!

But even then I kept thinking - does she assume I'm going to fail it? Or succeed it?! Gahhhh!

My husband is so glad this game is over, because I haven't shut up about it.

Well, Regina...

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPeaches View Post
    My husband is so glad this game is over, because I haven't shut up about it.
    Sorry, didn't intend for this to influence personal lives. Extend my apologies to him.

Oh and a second game won't start earlier then wednesday next week I guess, so if you do decide to sign up, he'll have a week of peace
    http://www.unforumzed.com/showthread...KE-02-Sign-ups
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

I'm a creep I'm a weirdo
    oh, I was more confused than I thought

I think I'll need a few rounds to really figure out what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    oh, I was more confused than I thought

I think I'll need a few rounds to really figure out what's going on.
    Being a spy for my first game made things easier because I least I knew something.