Page 200 of 200 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3000

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

I love Twitter.

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Sessions will resign in 3, 2...

Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador, U.S. intelligence intercepts show

Russia’s ambassador to Washington told his superiors in Moscow that he discussed campaign-related matters, including policy issues important to Moscow, with Jeff Sessions during the 2016 presidential race, contrary to public assertions by the embattled attorney general, according to current and former U.S. officials.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak’s accounts of two conversations with Sessions — then a top foreign policy adviser to Republican candidate Donald Trump — were intercepted by U.S. spy agencies, which monitor the communications of senior Russian officials both in the United States and in Russia. Sessions initially failed to disclose his contacts with Kislyak and then said that the meetings were not about the Trump campaign.

One U.S. official said that Sessions — who testified that he has no recollection of the April encounter — has provided “misleading” statements that are “contradicted by other evidence.” A former official said that the intelligence indicates that Sessions and Kislyak had “substantive” discussions on matters including Trump’s positions on Russia-related issues and prospects for U.S.-Russia relations in a Trump administration.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    how many times can one person perjure themselves???

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Ok, if I'm Putin, I'm leaking this shit out regardless if it's true just to mess with us.

Not that I doubt that Sessions is capable of it, but I'd feel more confident if the source was ENTIRELY domestic. I'm sure the truth will come out eventually, but I'm not sure if I 100% believe it right NOW.

Like it'd be so easy to rile up us anti-Trump people by telling us what we "want" to hear, what we assume to be true. Why would we believe the White House statements to the contrary? It makes them take us less seriously because we'd be spouting fake news; we'd think they'd be lying.

eta: Ok, I believe it a LOT more now

How about this?

The leak on Sessions came from the White House. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't. But the purpose is to set Sessions up to go under the bus. It has the desired effect and Sessions goes. Then Trump orders the assistant AG to fire Mueller. He refuses and resigns. Then Trump goes Full Nixon and gets rid of the leadership at Justice until he finds a stooge to fire Mueller. Trump feels secure that he has solved his problems.

Then Washington explodes.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Watching Maddow right now. Haven't watched cable news in a while.
    OMFUCK. Shit is going down sooner than later.
    1.) Kushner's security clearance application could implicate Ivanka. Ivanka and Jared just revised their financial disclosures if it goes that deeply.
    2.) Mueller wants tax returns and real estate figures. Trump's new attorney over Russia misspoke and said any crimes Trump has committed are already past statute of limitations. OMG. Maddow's producer calls this new guy over that statement and he gives them some stupid answer and says never call me again.
    3.) Don Jr. no longer testifying, instead Republicans are going to claim there was Russia collusion but not with Trump.. but with the DNC (OMG really? ha)
    4.) Trump has a couple ways to get rid of Mueller. Best way is for Sessions to step down. What reason they will give will be super dicey since Sessions said many times he's done nothing to require himself to resign.. EEEK

Shit shit shit. Next week is going to be crazy af.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log done had a child!"

I cannot handle this anymore
    Every time I turn around for a second things are happening
    I've been watching ridiculous disaster flicks bc at least they're funny & entertaining
    This is just so tragic & there is very little we can do in the now so much of our future is dependent upon the choices & actions of but just few people.
    "this way, that way, i am of two minds" -sappho
    http://classicpersuasion.org/pw/sappho/index.htm

I'm so ready for him to fire Mueller. It's going to be amazing. The intelligence community largely hates him. He's openly insulted them numerous times since he was elected. He takes the word of Putin over our own IC. Firing Mueller will see the floodgates open. Leaks will be constant and major. And this goes way beyond Trump. The GOP is largely silent because RNC took a bunch of money for their down-ticket races from PACs that received it from shell companies, and guess where that came from? Rumors have been swirling for months that Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are on tape. Who has all that dirt? The intelligence community.

I mean, we're already watching the world burn, so we may as well make it fucking entertaining.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    ^Oh, good Lord.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log done had a child!"

I'm surprised more uninvolved moderate republicans haven't FINALLY started speaking up because clearly Trump is going to throw everyone he can out of his way as he flees for safety. Like in Seinfeld and there was a fire and George was George. There's no real loyalty trump exhibits. Why risk yourself for someone who'd never save you?

Sessions is a dirtbag but he's one of their own. Comey. Mueller. Spicer. The CBO. All non lefty and all twisting in the wind.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm so ready for him to fire Mueller. It's going to be amazing. The intelligence community largely hates him. He's openly insulted them numerous times since he was elected. He takes the word of Putin over our own IC. Firing Mueller will see the floodgates open. Leaks will be constant and major. And this goes way beyond Trump. The GOP is largely silent because RNC took a bunch of money for their down-ticket races from PACs that received it from shell companies, and guess where that came from? Rumors have been swirling for months that Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are on tape. Who has all that dirt? The intelligence community.

I mean, we're already watching the world burn, so we may as well make it fucking entertaining.
    I AM HERE FOR IT WHERE IS MY POPCORN.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    I'm surprised more uninvolved moderate republicans haven't FINALLY started speaking up because clearly Trump is going to throw everyone he can out of his way as he flees for safety. Like in Seinfeld and there was a fire and George was George. There's no real loyalty trump exhibits. Why risk yourself for someone who'd never save you?
    I am waiting...

Jesus Christ

^Woah! That makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

YES! My thoughts exactly. If he goes the nuclear route, so will the IC ( and why is he too stupid to not realize this?). He thinks it's Sessions fault because baby can't blame himself, but people told him not to go to war with the IC and he's already been reaping the rewards for not listening to everyone around him but "yes" men. So...go ahead and see what happens. Like someone from the Obama admin was saying last night on Maddow, if he DOES find a way to fire Mueller, shit will hit the fan and congress will be FORCED to act. It's my theory that they'll soon be cutting ties, anyway. They blame him for their failure to force through healthcare, I mean their "promise to their wealthy friends" bill, so why do they need him now? If I were the party in power and couldn't get ANYTHING done because of the President, who also has a great chance of dragging us all down, id jump ship. Fast. They kept supporting him and taking their chances so they could finally get their ridiculous legislature passed, and they can't! At some point, they have to know that it will never happen with that idiot in office.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down