Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222
Results 3,316 to 3,329 of 3329

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Well there goes his White National base! So, then who's left who supports him??
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Bannon is out! He was either fired or quit. Who cares? BYE FELICIA.

Wow, that rumour from a few days ago is true! Is it damage control or "President Bannon"? If Gorka and Miller go too, we'll know.

Jesus, you people are quick.

Of course, people will say the Trump administration will now get smooth and rational. Of course, that's bullshit. That will happen when TRUMP resigns.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

in an infinite regress just owls's Avatar

Can...can he fire Pence?

streak his blood across my beak PoorMatty's Avatar
    I think the VP is the only one he can't fire in his Cabinet.

Like his biographer stated yesterday I think this is the end for Trump. Instead of circling the wagons he's setting them on fire!! I'm expecting a resignation before the end of the year.

I feel like this is smoke and mirrors. People called for him to be fired and this takes the pressure off. My guess is he'll still be behind the scenes, or worse yet, he may be able to be more overtly racist and fan the flames from outside of the White House. If he goes back to Breitbart, which is the rumor, it's going to get even uglier for us as a country. He's seen the inside now and he's probably got enough intel to know how best to continue destroying/unraveling it.

Many sources are saying that Bannon actually resigned, or was about to. That would follow the pattern.

More resignations:
    President’s arts and humanities committee resigns over Trump’s Charlottesville response

Unlike other groups that were fired (but really quit)
    the PCAH is an official agency. That makes this the first White House department to resign.

The PCAH letter details a case against Trump that goes deeper than other recent comments.

“You released a budget which eliminates arts and culture agencies. You have threatened nuclear war while gutting diplomacy funding. The administration pulled out of the Paris agreement, filed an amicus brief undermining the Civil Rights Act and attacked our brave trans service members. You have subverted equal protections, and are committed to banning Muslims and refugee women & children from our great country,” the members write. “This does not unify the nation we all love.”
    And in a very arty move, they wrote this letter:

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    I'm expecting a resignation before the end of the year.
    I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
    I really don't think so. What's taking place in Trump's Administration and around the White House this past month is a pattern that is often seen in authoritarian dictatorships that are in a state of collapse. The leaders of these regimes become so autocratic and isolationist that their fall is predicated by the loss of those in their inner circle and when you're as narcissistic as Trump is there really is the greatest potential for behavior and actions that are self-annihilating. As each day passes he continues to burn bridges between himself and members of his party (who weren't even that on board in the first place) and his inability to have any sort of working relationship with Congress is making his administration more of a lame duck with every passing minute. When you combine this with his hatred of the media and the majority of most media outlets reporting with an anti-Trump slant its virtually impossible to see how this Clown Car can continue. Trump exists in virtual default of his position.
    Last edited by dAmION; Today at 01:37 AM.

in an infinite regress just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I feel like this is smoke and mirrors. People called for him to be fired and this takes the pressure off. My guess is he'll still be behind the scenes, or worse yet, he may be able to be more overtly racist and fan the flames from outside of the White House. If he goes back to Breitbart, which is the rumor, it's going to get even uglier for us as a country. He's seen the inside now and he's probably got enough intel to know how best to continue destroying/unraveling it.
    I do, too. With tensions this high, I cannot even imagine how bad things will get with him back at Breitbart fanning the flames with his new set of knowledge and connections.

ETA: this is from the Breitbart WHC

Last edited by just owls; Yesterday at 10:08 PM.