Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lady Gaga's Joanne World Tour

Long-time Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Lucifer View Post
    As promised, new music is in the way. And after watching this clip, I'm effing excited!

https://youtu.be/XEUPSiOGlmQ
    I'm confused. I thought that clip was just a promo or interlude for the tour. Is there some new music news somewhere? (I'm hoping!)

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar
    You're right. It's not new music. It's used as an interlude for the concert. BUT I am excited to hear this new sound. She could've chosen something 'country' but she didn't. So I remain hopeful.

I saw the Tampa show earlier this month. She looked and sounded great, she performed her ass off, the sets were cool...but a LOT of the songs, especially the older stuff, was truncated, missing entire verses and bridges. Wasn't thrilled about that. Like...if you're doing Poker Face, do the whole damn thing, plz.

Also--and this might just be because I'm getting older/grouchier--it was a LONG show, even with the truncated songs. Like, okay, I appreciate you performing for 2+ hours because the tickets were expensive, but my attention/energy starts to seriously decrease at the 1.5 hour mark. (Also, fuck you to the Tampa arena for stopping alcohol sales halfway through the show. Gimme my beers!!)
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Gaga has signed a 100 Million dollar deal for a Vegas Residency (50 dates) at the MGM.

actually...

poker face is the full song on this tour (first time since the monster ball)...as is Alejandro. that's all I need.

Joanne tour was perfect...saw 3x

production value = high

pop/talent...rare

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    (Also, fuck you to the Tampa arena for stopping alcohol sales halfway through the show. Gimme my beers!!)
    Never really understood why people can't go an entire show without getting drinks or going to the bathroom ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The most annoying example was Sufjan Stevens singing a song about bone cancer, only accompanying himself on guitar, and people dropping their plastic cups on the floor.

gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    The most annoying example was Sufjan Stevens singing a song about bone cancer, only accompanying himself on guitar, and people dropping their plastic cups on the floor.
    I saw Sufjan in Seattle on the C&L tour and it was THE WORST audience in history. Drinking, talking, getting up, moving around, very noisy... I wanted to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    Never really understood why people can't go an entire show without getting drinks or going to the bathroom ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Never really understood why people can't stop themselves from posting something bitchy and judgmental towards a fellow poster completely without provocation. It's a 2+ hour arena show. I'll get as much beer and take as many bathroom breaks as I like, but thanks for your unsolicited input!
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    Never really understood why people can't stop themselves from posting something bitchy and judgmental towards a fellow poster completely without provocation. It's a 2+ hour arena show. I'll get as much beer and take as many bathroom breaks as I like, but thanks for your unsolicited input!

A Sufjan Stevens show and a Lady Gaga show are two entirely different things. Drinking @ a Sufjan concert is not the same thing as drinking at a Gaga concert. At all.

I never went to a Tori show, so the thought of leaving my seat during a song to get a beer is completely surreal. I'd never do that. It's not a like a festival concert.