Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for San Diego, CA 28/11/2017

I would kill for a reworked Strong Black Vine that drops all of the fucking weird "evil faith" nonsense and just tore apart the oil industry shit instead.
    Remember that we once lived

AATS is REALLY Tori's low point isn't it? It makes me sad but happy at the same time that she got over whatever it was that was happening to her.
    I know someone, a Tori fan, that LOVES AATS and thinks it's her best album, NOT LYING. I must pray for that soul.

Anyway, back on topic, not a fan of this Indian Summer.
    I will be safe in my frame.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    AATS >>>>>> The Beekeeper. Mostly because AATS' faults tend to be just outright ridiculous and not bland lethargic MOR snoozefests dripping in syrup.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I didn't say it was worse. I said I hated it the most. I know some of her songs are WORSE (Police Me, NDT, etc.), but Maybe California makes me feel literally angry.
    Ha! Thanks for noting the distinction. I have never reflected on her music making me angry before, this is a fun thought exercise

Not Dying Today definitely makes me angry. I can't stand how it sounds, or what she's going on about. It really peeves me. It repulses me, even.

Mary Jane really annoys me, if not angers me, because it intentionally implies that Tori herself is a stoner, and I just don't believe that. Tori Amos is a very serious business woman who works like twenty hours a day, only cutting back to eight on Christmas. No part of me believes she sits around getting high, or finds that cute, or whatever, so it just BUGS me for that reason, which is not even to mention, tired ass double entendre much? Like, Mary Jane, is that a girl, or wait... Mary Jane is CODE FOR WEED? OMFG OMFG TORIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!! Yeesh.

And lastly I might have to go with Mr. Bad Man. I feel stabby when she sings "the bad man made her cry!" Is she legit singing a very blandly written nursery rhyme for first graders? He what? He MADE HER CRY?! What a bad, bad man to do such a terrible thing!

I am going to have to keep thinking about this

Oh, I'm sure she HAS smoked weed. I just don't see her being an actual stoner. I suppose anything's possible.

I never got the love for Marys of the Sea. Toast is literally the only song I'd salvage off TBK.

Even the title track? I love that song.

The title track is okay to me, but I don't ever listen to it. Toast is the only "good" song to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Oh, don't fool yourself. I bet you ANYTHING Tori smokes weed. Or probably vapes it, to save the voice and all. She certainly used to do the drugs, at any rate. I mean, christ, half of Pele was conceived on an ayhuasca (sp?) trip.

Mary Jane still sucks though.
    I think I recall reading her quoted as saying she's never smoked anything in her life to protect her voice. But that she's always chosen alternative means when it comes to marijuana.

I think she was quite fond of the psychedelic drugs in the 90's. Once the TBK era hit I think it was more the Xanax. I doubt she does much more than a few glasses of wine these days.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    The drug experiences she's been most vocal about are with Ayahuasca which she did when she was younger.
    ... my intention when I am doing it is very different than recreational. I don't do it recreationally. I do it to go do inner work, and I'm very clear before I do it what I'm searching for. That way, there's no abuse suffered and I don't rely on it. It's just one more tool that I use sometimes.

Does anyone have an audio/video recording of Posse Bonus? I would love to hear it again.

Quote Originally Posted by iwo1333 View Post
    Does anyone have an audio/video recording of Posse Bonus? I would love to hear it again.
    I presume you mean the live version? The studio version is on the commercial release of ADP
    ~just an underwater thing~

Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post
    I presume you mean the live version? The studio version is on the commercial release of ADP
    Yes, I mean the performance from this show.