View Poll Results: What is your favorite song from Scarlet's Hidden Treasures?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ruby Through the Looking-Glass

9 11.39%
  • Seaside

12 15.19%
  • Bug a Martini

1 1.27%
  • Apollo's Frock

22 27.85%
  • Tombigbee

24 30.38%
  • Indian Summer

11 13.92%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your favorite Hidden Treasure?

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Seaside, Ruby, and Indian Summer are my favorites. I cannot stand Bug a Martini.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Tombigbee and Seaside.

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    I love this whole disc, really love Indian Summer, especially on the right season, and how could you not adore Apollo, but Seaside is my secret favourite that just gets me going like none pf the other. As for Mountain, I think this would be my absolute fave and I'm pretty much just waiting for a 20 year anniversary so that I can get it in good audio. Like we literally need to make CERTAIN that she can't neglect it again.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Mountain is in my Tori top 40. BUNNY SLIPPERS AND ALL

I love them all minus Bug A Martini (which is just... okay, I guess).

Ruby is beautiful and poignant, as Seaside is as well. Apollo and Indian Summer are a league of their own, with their majestic tones and meditative beauty. Tombigbee is amazes and I love the bridge. It makes a great company for Sweet Sangria and Pancake.

Well, I don't know which one to pick as my favorite.
    I will be safe in my frame.

Indian Summer
    | don't be afraid ||- we're just waking up -|| and I hear help is on the way |

Indian Summer for me too. I love the ethereal feel and the way the music washes over. The reference to "Mr Bush" dates the song a bit but seeing somehow it makes it feel like a harking back to a simpler time. Her voice is gorgeous with that reverb throughout.

I would have chosen Indian Summer if it were recorded in studio truer to the live version she sang back in 2003 (?) - - - it was beautiful and less drawn out. I chose Seaside because I feel it is a true classic Tori song. Full of emotion, simple and beautiful lyrics and song structure.
    Robbing the muse...

"Tombigbee" is my favorite, one of my all-time favorites. I really wish it were on the album, but where would it fall in the tracklisting? I want it to replace "Pancake" but would that fit the map concept? Would it actually fall between "Taxi Ride" and "Another Girl's Paradise" or am I missing something?

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsofmysoles View Post
    "Tombigbee" is my favorite, one of my all-time favorites. I really wish it were on the album, but where would it fall in the tracklisting? I want it to replace "Pancake" but would that fit the map concept? Would it actually fall between "Taxi Ride" and "Another Girl's Paradise" or am I missing something?
    That's where it would go. A while ago I made a playlist of Scarlet + all that era's b-sides in order to have a complete picture and that's where I fit it.
    we're two slow dancers, last ones out

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Ruby all the way. I love the lyrics.
    Also of all those hidden treasures Ruby is the one that’s more quintessential Tori. For me, anyway
    The other songs like Tombigbee are very unique and harder to gel with. I also don’t like the live version of that song she did as the encore I Welcome to Sunny Florida.
    It’s also the song that was promoted in the teaser for her Artists Den performance.
    Last edited by Volta; 10-14-2019 at 07:00 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Tombigbee has one of the best bridges Tori has ever created. Apollo is a close second with that stunning instrumental opener.

I thought this was about the little charms we received with the limited edition Scarlet
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

I'd dare to say that SHT is my favourite album of hers. If only Mountain was on there instead of Bug a Martini, and Angels was included, it would probably surpass Scarlet and Choirgirl for me. Hard to pick a favourite, it really is a tie between Ruby and Apollo, with Indian Summer being a close contender.

I would have chosen Indian Summer if it were recorded in studio truer to the live version she sang back in 2003 (?) - - - it was beautiful and less drawn out.
    I actually find them quite similar, what do you think the differences are? Anyway I'm not a fan of the Bush reference either, in fact I've made myself an edited version without that verse.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."